AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

CadGuy8609
Message 1 of 4 (97 Views)

Trouble with missinsg information in PDF

97 Views, 3 Replies
02-23-2012 11:21 AM

Since we switched to AutoCAD 2010 we have been having trouble with things disappearing when we plot to PDF.  I can not find a pattern with the things that are missing (i.e., area on page, layer, linetype, etc.).  When I do a plot preview everything appears the way it should and then after the PDF is made items are missing.  Typically after a couple of trys of rePDFing the drawing everything appears and works fine.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I am using Vanilla AutoCAD 2010 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.  Thank you.

lancemchatton
Message 2 of 4 (75 Views)

Re: Trouble with missinsg information in PDF

02-23-2012 03:17 PM in reply to: CadGuy8609

When I have had that problem, it turns out to be a nested xref issue.  If you think this may be the problem, let me know and I'll explain further.

CadGuy8609
Message 3 of 4 (64 Views)

02-24-2012 05:02 AM in reply to: lancemchatton

No Xrefs in the drawings at all, everything has been exploded to single lines, there aren't even any blocks in the file.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

02-24-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: CadGuy8609

Don't use Adobe Acrobat Pro for PDF creation and see if your problem goes away: start with the built-in PDF driver, and a generic PDF viewer like Foxit or others.

Oh, and if you haven't done it recently, empty your Windows profile Temp folder.

To find a problem, you have firstr identify the source by changing things.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube