13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
KulasekaranK
22298 Views, 13 Replies

Trim settings,.

Hi,

I have some issue in Trim command,.

(Please see the attached picture before read the below steps,.)

generally, I use trim command like this,.

Command: tr (enter) (enter)

select object: (I will select object which I need to trim)

it gave the results shown in the picture named "Earlier result"

But now I am getting differently like "current result"

But Earlier result is comfortable for me,.

Is this because of setting problem?

Help me,.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
nestly2
in reply to: KulasekaranK

EDGEMODE system variable from the Command Line....

.... or change the EDGEMODE system variable from within the TRIM/EXTEND command by selecting the [E]dge option after selecting the cutting edges  (Extend/NoExtend)   hint ... pay attention to the command line.

Message 3 of 14
KulasekaranK
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you,.

EDGEMODE worked,.

I changed "value" from 1 to 0, and now it works like earlier,.

Thank you,.

Message 4 of 14
viveksudani7

Hey there!!

I am facing the same problem in trim command.

as shown in attached images, lines are not trimed from intersaction point of line and circle.

But it gets trimmed by some distance from intersection point.

but it is not getting solved by EDGEMODE.

What may be the Reasons?

Message 5 of 14
nestly2
in reply to: viveksudani7

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

Since you're trimming/extending to a curved object,  it could just be a display issue.  Try REGEN command first to update the display relative to the current zoom level.  

If that doesn't work, then perhaps the objects are non-coplanar and the objects are not being trimmed as expected due to PROJMODE

Message 6 of 14
viveksudani7

Thanks a lot nestly2!!!

REGEN worked!!! Smiley Happy

Now i can proceed to my 1st industrial training project!!!!!

Message 7 of 14
Kent1Cooper

@viveksudani7 wrote:

Thanks a lot nestly2!!!

REGEN worked!!! ....

It won't eliminate that issue entirely if you Zoom by large factors, but it will greatly reduce it if you run the VIEWRES command and set a very large Circle Zoom Percent value.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 14
saddiq.nadan

HELLO SIR

the problem is solve but I want to now the reason can you please explain it for me.

saddiq ahmed

saddiq.nadan@gmail.com

Message 9 of 14
TAYLORDRAFTING

Help!  I have similar problem, trying to trim a pline with a circle.  I have tried messing with projmode; edgemode; regen;   commands, selecting the trim object first, or after the command, and I've tried using a crossing fence or pick to select the trimmed object.   Extend does not work either!  I try to simplify the objects/layers, (layer 0, or original), plinewd at 0, or the original plinewd=2, messing with color (by layer; #7, or original: #254), nothing that I can find in the forum seems to change this behavior.  I have been working around this issue for several weeks now, so it does not seem to be file specific.  Another odd behavior: Some time the command makes the line disappear. The command line response to the command is:

Trim

Select object to trim or shift-select to extend or [Fence/Crossing/Project/Edge/eRase/Undo]: Specify opposite corner: Select object to trim or shift-select to extend or [Fence/Crossing/Project/Edge/eRase/Undo]:

I use full version AutoCAD 2014.

Message 10 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: TAYLORDRAFTING

explode that polyline, then move, you have 2 of them.

Message 11 of 14
TAYLORDRAFTING
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks Patchy, that is a better workaround than what I've been doing, but I still don't understand why the AutoCAD behavior has changed.  Any clues?  I have trim them as plines thousands of times before this started happening!

Message 12 of 14
pendean

Your +/-10-foot PLINE is actually a 2-legged single Pline, 4-points not 2, drawn one on top of the other, back and forth so to speak: the fix is to stop doing that, draw only one single PLINE

pendean_0-1592512899544.png

Message 13 of 14
Patchy

I don't know, but click on it, go to Properties it's Polyline and not LWpolyline.

Message 14 of 14
rmonteverdi

I am having a little different problem. When I try to trim multiple lines at once with a crossing window or fence TRIM and Extend don't work. These two commands will only let me trim one line at a time by clicking directly on it. Does anyone know why it is doing this? I tried changing TRIMMODE, and EDGEMODE and that didn't help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost