Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Custom Macro from AutoCAD 2004 to AutoCAD 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mrrj44
490 Views, 5 Replies

Transferring Custom Macro from AutoCAD 2004 to AutoCAD 2012

We are now running AutoCAD 2012 on our network.  We had a third party come in a long time ago and write us a custom macro that generates specsheets for our product.  The problem is it was written for AutoCAD 2004.

I'm hoping that someone out there can tell me there is a way to move that code from 2004 to 2012 somewhat easily.  If not easily, at least tell me that it is possible without having to rewrite the entire macro.

Any help would be awesome.

Mike

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: mrrj44

Post the code.
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

I'm pretty sure you can move your macro's over without too much trouble.  You may have better sucess posting your question in the Lisp and General Customization sub-forum.

Message 4 of 6
mrrj44
in reply to: pendean

Thanks pendean,

I'm a noob on VBA (especially in AutoCAD).  To post the code, should I just open up the editor and copy and paste from there?

Mike

Message 5 of 6
pendean

You might want to post to the VBA forum for help: your VBA will need to be recompiled to work in 2012 so you need someone more advanced to do it. There is no workaround, it's required every time AutoCAD changes DWG formats.

Visual Basic Customization Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-Basic-Customization/bd-p/33

Message 6 of 6
mrrj44

Ok,

I have it posted in the Lisp and VBA forums.  Hopefully I can get some help there.  Thank you both for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost