Did you mean: 

Transfer License Utility not working for AutoCAD LT 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
derekmackie6229
287 Views, 6 Replies

Transfer License Utility not working for AutoCAD LT 2011

Hi there,

I am trying to use the Transfer License Utility to export my license to be used on my new PC but it comes up saying that the

"EXPORT REQUEST FAILED"

"The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1)"

"Error reference:1"

How can the the serial number be invalid when its installed on this PC already and how can i fix this problem to put it onto the new machine?....at the moment i am reluctant to take it off as it might not go onto the new one as it stands, can you help??

many thanks

Derek Mackie.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

>> How can the the serial number be invalid when its installed on this PC

First guess: Because that serial is already updated?

Get in contact with your reseller or see if you can find a valid item within the >>>Autodesk Virtual Agent<<< (have not tried it) ... at least you can ask Autodesk via subscription center and create a support case.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Alfred, ill give it a go!

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

i followed your instructions but unfortunately i cant get to chat to anyone as "all agents are currently busy" and its been like that all day!

Also, when i "submit a support request" i input all the details but when it comes to request code i dont have one....and when i follow the instructions as to where to find it, its not there!

any other ideas??

much appreciated!

Derek.

Message 5 of 7
dmfrazier
in reply to: derekmackie6229

"...when i "submit a support request" i input all the details but when it comes to request code i dont have one....and when i follow the instructions as to where to find it, its not there!"

It sounds to me like the process you have described is intended for activating (or re-activating) a valid seat of AutoCAD which has installed successfully, but for some reason the automated activation fails.  This is not what your original post described. 

As Alfred said, the most likely reason for the error is that the license (S/N) you are trying to export has been upgraded and is therefore no longer valid.  Can you determine if this is true or not?

If it is true, Autodesk will not allow the license to be exported.  The only way you can continue to use the software (in violation of the license agreement) is on the machine where it is currently installed.

If it's not true, and the license is indeed still valid, don't bother with the export.  Just install it on your new PC and activate it there.

If this also fails, and you have good reason to believe the license is valid, then you should contact an AutoCAD dealer, even if it's not the one you purchased the software from. 

Message 6 of 7
derekmackie6229
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hi dmfrazer,

thanks for getting back to me...

"you are trying to export has been upgraded and is therefore no longer valid"

can you explain to me what you mean by "been upgraded" please? we do have various versions of LT right up to 2014 but i dont think its been put onto this machine....its a 5 seat license, so if it was upgraded on another machine would that affect the other 4 seats?!

cheers,

Derek.

Message 7 of 7
dmfrazier
in reply to: derekmackie6229

When we purchase a new version or seat of AutoCAD it can either be a "new" license (for which we pay "full" price) or it can be an "upgrade" of an existing license (which is generally less expensive, depending on the age of the older product).  It sounds to me (and probably everyone else who has read this thread) like someone in your organization purchased an upgrade to the serial number you have installed on your PC.  When this is done, the previous version becomes "technically" invalid, especially if the new (upgrade) has been installed and activated somewhere.

As I mentioned earlier, if this is the case, you can certainly continue to use the now invalid software wherever it has been installed and activated (in violation of the license agreement - a copy of which can be found on your PC), but Autodesk (for good reason) won't allow the license to be transferred.  (This is why the LTU was changed to its current web-based mechanism.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost