Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbars Getting Locked on Multiple Computers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Crazed_&_Confused
240 Views, 2 Replies

Toolbars Getting Locked on Multiple Computers?

Product Version: AutoCAD Civil3D 2011 (but it mostly seems like a base AutoCAD issue so I will post here)

So I was called over to a co-worker's station yesterday to fix an odd problem -- he was furious that 'somebody' had locked all of his toolbars so that he couldn't move or close them anymore. Upon inspection, I noticed that his LOCKUI system variable had been changed to 15 (locks down everything on the screen). I tried resetting back to a value of 0 and re-saving his workspace settings, but the change wouldn't stick. 

Checked the SYSVDLG dialog box, but it said that the initial value for LOCKUI was still 0 even though the drawings started on 15. 

Finally just wrote a one command long acaddoc.lsp file and put it in the search path, so that AutoCAD would reset LOCKUI back to 0 at the start of every new drawing. Didn't fix the original cause of the issue though. 

Cue to the next day, and now MY computer's LOCKUI is inexplicably stuck on 15 for no apparent reason, and I know for certain that I didn't change anything. 

Has anybody ever experienced a rogue system variable like this before? Any ideas of what might be going on. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

LOCKUI is a registry saved sysvar, so it won't change unless changed by the user or a lisp/arx/vba/etc. program.

Use the code snippet here to "track" when this sysvar is being changed, and you will likely find the culprit.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the code and the reply. I'll give it a try and see if I can find anything. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost