Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ezascad101
221 Views, 3 Replies

Toolbar

I am trying to install a custom toolbar on Autocad 2010.  it is not a custom made toolbar from the options in autocad.  this is a outside source custom toolbar.  A person I work with added this to his autocad 2005 with no problem and works.  He explained how he added it to his and I did the same but does not show up when I look in the toolbar dropdown.

Any help would be great. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ezascad101

2005 is not 2010, a lot has changed since those old days.

What file type did they share with you exactly?
if it's an MNU or MNS or CUI or CUIx file you can simply start CUI command in R2010, click on the TRANSFER Tab and open that outside-source file, then drag and drop the toolbar or it's content onto your CUI/menu file and workspace on the right side.

Or just use CUILOAD or MENULOAD command, load that external file up, add it to your active WORKSPACE and your new floating toolbar should be ready for use.
Message 3 of 4
ezascad101
in reply to: pendean

It's an MNC file. with a menu resource and a menu source file.
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ezascad101

in AutoCAD 2005 and lower, an MNC file loaded in AutoCAD creates an MNS file  and all the 'secrets' your sender tried to hide reveal themselves. it's been like that since R2000 I believe, anyone with an old seat can try it and see.

ith later versions, you need the MNS file (most folks don't update their MNU so you might get an old version with that one) and you need to be able to understand what portions of it you need to access/load. You may also need their mnl file but you need to be careful: make sure you  never overwrite any file you have with the same name. Ask your AutoCAD2005 friend to help you out.

Some light reading to help you with 'after' when you have an MNU or MNS file to understand the "portions" to copy over per my first reply:

http://www.lukewarmcoffee.com/cad/AUGI%20-%20MNU%20MNS%20MNR%20MNC%20MNX%20MNL%20or%20CUI.pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost