Did you mean: 

Text displays differently in different files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
klgwhite
6852 Views, 5 Replies

Text displays differently in different files

I am trying to use our standard room name block in two new files from a client but it is not showing up the way it is supposed to.  It looks like a totally different font.  I have checked the text options box and it says it's "romans", just like it is supposed to, but it does not look right.  It also does it with regular mtext that I copy in from another file.  Once I change it back it looks right, but when I pull it in, it defaults to Romans and @arialunicode MS.  I'm assuminng that's what the block is doing as well, but how do I fix that, and why is it doing it?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: klgwhite

your chosen font is ROMANS?
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

Verify the Text style names and fonts assigned match up in the separate files. As an example if a block is defined using standard text style but file A uses romans font in standard text style and file b is ising bold font in standard text style. When the same block is inserted that contains text defined as standad text style it will display romans in file A and Bold in file B.

Also verify The text style within the block definition text and as long as the style name and assigned font match in the block and file A and file B the font should appear correctly.

I suspect some type of conflict in the text styes in the drawings and or block inserted.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
klgwhite
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you! I had no idea how to do that, but figured it out. "style" was different in the files. thank you again!!!
Message 5 of 6
klgwhite
in reply to: Jay_B

Ok, so it fixed it automatically in one file but in the other it is still displaying everything as the @arialunicode one. Is there a quick way to get it to change all the text automatically or do I need to go in and edit each mtext individually?

The blocks are showing correctly but the mtext is still messed up.

Message 6 of 6
Jay_B

If you want all text in dwg to be of same style, select all text with properties palette open and change the style there.
If differing styles are present it will state varies, select style drop down and assign desired style here.
If there are multiple styles that need to remain separate styles but need fixing look into the QSELECT command which has the option of selecting all text of a certain style at a time in the drawing.

Hope this helps.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost