Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text as a block not needed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RickGSI
364 Views, 6 Replies

Text as a block not needed

Hi I'm very new to AutoCad 2013, and I currently use only 2D applications. I'm having a problem with text. No matter what font I use the text comes in as a block, if I need to make a correction I have to explode the text before I can edit it.

In my much earlier version of AutoCad I didn't have this problem. I can't find anything in the text settings windows to change this. Is there a setting or flag in 2013 that will just use text without having to explode each occurence of it for any editing?

Thanks much for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Murph_Map
in reply to: RickGSI

Are you sure it's a block? What does the property palette or if you list it show? Mtext acts like a block as it's one object instead of seperate words. What command are you using to create the text?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 7
RickGSI

Thanks, I now see that it is MText being used on what I do. This seem to be the default when using the "leader" command. For what I do I create a standard leader with one line of text, then I will copy that leader and text multiple times to point at different objects, requiring light editing of the text each time.

But each occurrence of MText has to be exploded before editing, very annoying as I'm very used to putting the "Change" command in, but then have to break out of that to explode the text and then bring up the Change command again. (Having to explode the text is what led me to believe it was a block. But I still didn't have this problem in an earlier version of 2D AutoCad that I was trained on, it just used regular Text)

Is there anyway to change MTEXT setting on leaders to a regular (and editable) DTEXT, if I need only one line of text per leader? Going into the DIMSTYLES window I can set the font I want, arrow sizes and text offset too, but I can't get a regular text style that doesn't need to be exploded.

And thank for the quick reply yesterday, I didn't see it until this morning.

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map

What happens when you double click on the mleader? Have you tried to edit the mleader style(s)? "_mleaderstyle"

Murph
Message 5 of 7
RickGSI

Hi, after using the "leader" command, then right double clicking on it only selects it for editing and gives the standard options, but the leader and text still remain one entity where it has to be exploded if you want to edit the text.

I brought up "mleaderstyle" and changed the multi leader type to "none" instead of the default "Mtext", but the leader text still has to be exploded to edit it.

I don't suppose that there's a "0" or "1" flag somewhere to enable text editing in a leader? (without having to exploding it first) 

Thanks again for the help.  Rick

Message 6 of 7
Murph_Map

What happens if you "Left" double click on the text?

Murph
Message 7 of 7
RickGSI

Nothing about the text happens when I attempt to single or double click on the leader text, it just takes the clicks as trying to input points for a zoom window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost