AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
matto235
Message 11 of 13 (227 Views)

Re: Text Mask Shrink Wrap?

05-03-2011 09:46 AM in reply to: colorado.erickson

I want the text mask to follow the red outline and not just mask behind the text box.  I need this so textmask doesn't obsure so much of the linework behind and only gets rid of linework behind text.    I also want the underlined top line not be obliterated when I  turn on text mask.  Kinda a waste of Mleaders when you can't even use them with a mask.  The leader needs to be on top of the text.  Do you know of anything out there that can do what I want? 

Forgive my french but Dtext is pretty worthless.

Thank you

TextWrap.png

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 12 of 13 (206 Views)

05-08-2011 11:29 PM in reply to: jesse.erickson

OK,

Now I get it. You are right - this would be a good feature. However, AutoCAD's Mtext mask doesn't work like this right now. You could add it to the AUGI wishlist!

You could use a regular mask to create this effect. You could even group the mask with the text if you want them to stay together.

I hope that this is helpful.

Paul.

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Active Contributor
FSJ_Mo
Message 13 of 13 (64 Views)

08-08-2013 04:59 PM in reply to: PaulMunford

I remember  seeing a post a while back (I think it is in acad customization/lisp, might have been in MAP 3D dg too) and it was a lisp program for text halo masking. I will see if I can dig it up, or you can try taking a look for for it.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube