Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIF inserted into dwg is grainy and hatching become solid?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ALiebman
501 Views, 3 Replies

TIF inserted into dwg is grainy and hatching become solid?

I have tif files for exterior building elevations.  When I import or xref them into my dwg the lines become grainy and much bigger than when viewing the tif outside of CAD.  It also causes the hatching for the brick and other details to become solid black.  I've tried to use tools for editing the image but I get a message saying the image is not bitonal... I'm relatively new to CAD so I'm not sure if I need to do something to the image before I insert into my dwg or if I need to adjust settings in CAD before/after inserting or if I need to convert it to a dwg? I've attached the tif for anyone who takes the time to help me out.  Let me know if you have the same problem I'm describing and any tips you have will be much appreciated!

I just need to get a clean image so I can add a bunch of annotation.

Thanks,

Alec 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ALiebman

It's a grainy TIFF file if you just open and look at it in any viewer: for the size of sheet that's a small TIFF scan, low res. You probably need something better to start with...

ScreenShot001.png

ScreenShot002.png

Message 3 of 4
ALiebman
in reply to: pendean

pendean,

I noticed that when I was looking at the image but thought there might be a way to get about the same appearance in CAD. It sounds like that isn't going to be the case... I'll have to see about getting better images or possibly the dwg files.  Thanks for taking the time!

Alec

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: ALiebman

Remember this scanning and raster image output motto, it's very true;
"Garbage in, garbage out"
You have to start with a perfect image to get a result that is also perfect (or just really good).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost