AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
mcdleahm
Message 1 of 7 (1,608 Views)
Accepted Solution

Superhatch Questions

1608 Views, 6 Replies
04-30-2012 03:14 PM

Ok so I have several questions on the superhatch command. I havent been able to figure it out and I dont know if it has to do with my computer resolution (using a laptop and its windows vista) or what but Im hoping someone can help me out with these questions!

1. when superhatching I am noticing in the pdf that the colors look pixelated and they are bleeding into other objects (a floor polan and bleeding into the white dining table). But when I look at it from paperspace it looks fine. I am going into benjamin moore and dupont and saving a texture then superhatching that texture into my drawing.

2. When you superhatch lets say an entire floorplan and you turn off tframes (to not show the lines) it also turns off all the lines you did to make you drawing in the first place. So I tried to block the entire object before I superhatched it and then place the blocked object over but it just disappears behind the textures. Do I have to go into paperspace and redraw the detail overtop?

3. There are white lines that show in random spots on the drawing as I zoom in and out once I have superhatched. How do I get rid of these? I have heard that possible opening up the pdf into photoshop then overwriting the existing file and that helps.

4. Dont think this is an exact cad question but the colors look completly different from the pdf I see on my laptop and what actually gets printed. If I go to a website and copy and paste a texture in, it comes out a different shade. Is this because I dont have a strong resolution on my laptop?? How do I make the colors come out the same as you see it on the website?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (1,605 Views)

Re: Superhatch Questions

04-30-2012 04:29 PM in reply to: mcdleahm

If you have Photoshop, why not do this pattern there? do you need it to be inside AutoCAD? Are these paint textures?

I believe both companies offer Photoshop colors and textures for your use, or at least they used to do so.

What PDF driver are you using? Can you share a PDF with the problem?

No two computers will display colors exactly 100% identical: plsu there is the whole calibration with the printer thing required for every PC, and well, it just becomes a horrible mess for the inexperienced. If you've ever received a professional color image there is always a small disclaimer attached about color output. IMHO, you only color and show off an image on the one and only computer, unless you plan on adjusting them all when you switch computers.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
mcdleahm
Message 3 of 7 (1,569 Views)

05-01-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply. Some of them are paint textures others are corian and zodiak granite pieces and then I have some fabirc textures. I guess I dont have to do it in cad, I will try photoshop but in autocad it allows you to snap to a corner, I dont think you can do this in photoshop. Can you? I just want to make sure that when it gets printed off you dont see any white spots.

I have adobe for my PDF's.

So if I was to get a higher resoultion laptop would this at least help with the pixelation and show the colors a bit better? Or will the pixelation leave once I do it in photoshop?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 7 (1,563 Views)

05-01-2012 09:31 AM in reply to: mcdleahm

You need highest quality images to get high quality output from any program, Photoshop or AutoCAD.

If all you are doing is grabbing the screen image on those websites to use in your files you will find they are low res 150x150 pixel 85kb that will not work for high end output. No computer spec is going to fix that:

http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/products/corian/pr_corian_colors.html for example is low end quality fit only for screenshots.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
mcdleahm
Message 5 of 7 (1,557 Views)

05-01-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: pendean

Ok thanks so much. With superhatching when I put the textures in and turned off tframes it also got rid of the existing lines I made (for example a hutch) so all its showing is color but its not in any outlined shape. Is there a way to bring those lines out in autocad? I have to turn off tframes since its creating these boundary lines when I try to superhatch around a free flowing object for example an oven and putting a stainless steel texure around the glass part.

I am pretty sure it would work in photoshop ( I could put the drawing layer in front of the texutures layers) but how do I do this in autocad?

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 6 of 7 (1,554 Views)

05-01-2012 12:09 PM in reply to: mcdleahm

Highlight the lines that you want to be on top. Right-click and select draw order then bring to front.

Also highlight your hatch, right-click, draw order, send to back just to make sure.

Contributor
mcdleahm
Message 7 of 7 (1,550 Views)

05-01-2012 12:17 PM in reply to: M_Hensley

It worked! Thank you so much!!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube