AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
jay_n
Message 1 of 6 (2,890 Views)

Shortcut Menu

2890 Views, 5 Replies
08-31-2011 05:49 AM

A user in my office is having an issue with the right-click Shortcut Menu.  The regular old Shortcut Menu (one that shows Basic Modify Tools, Clipboard, Pan, Zoom, Properties, etc.) comes up just fine.  Where the issue comes up is when an item is selected.  Example: if mtext is selected when right-clicking the Shortcut Menu would include options not shown when no item is selected.  The extra options shown would be related to modifying mtext... and they show up because mtext is selected.  Now the right-click menu is the same regardless of whether an object is selected or not.  Any ideas on how to get the right-click menu back so that when an object is selected, right-click and the Shortcut Menu has those extra edit options?

Screenshots attached.  The area I boxed out with the orange spraypaint in the 'selection' SS is what does not show up and we are hoping to get back.

PS.  This is global.  Happens in not just one drawing, but all drawings the user opens.

Mentor
Wheelie22
Message 2 of 6 (2,883 Views)

Re: Shortcut Menu

08-31-2011 06:06 AM in reply to: jay_n

We use 2010 but has 2012 the variable Shortcutmenu ?

Make it the same with a system that works, it is also accesable thru the options

Distinguished Contributor
jay_n
Message 3 of 6 (2,875 Views)

08-31-2011 06:25 AM in reply to: Wheelie22

The Shortcut Menu from 2010 to 2012 appears to be the same.

Myself and the other user are running on the same OS and version of AutoCAD.  By making it the same through OPTIONS I assume you mean OPTIONS / USER PREFERENCES / WINDOWS STANDARD BEHAVIOR area and then match the two systems up at that location?  Yes, we have idential settings in this area.  In this area of options for editing how the right-click Shortcut Menu works I don't see where to change it to add or remove the options I am talking about.  It appears to have the options to edit pretty much everything else about that menu... but the issue we are having.

*Pro
nestly
Message 4 of 6 (2,865 Views)

08-31-2011 07:05 AM in reply to: jay_n

Option > Selection > Noun/Verb Selection  also known as PICKFIRST = 1

I really wish Autodesk would just remove this variable, or at least pop up a confirmation dialog box when some poorly writen lisp turns it off.

Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 5 of 6 (2,837 Views)

09-01-2011 12:22 PM in reply to: nestly

You might also want to look at Tools > Options > User Preferences tab. In there you will see a button called Right-Click Customization. This is where you can control what happens when you right click and when.

Shawn Niles
citemgr
Message 6 of 6 (2,590 Views)

02-14-2012 12:56 PM in reply to: jay_n

I had this frustration with 2012.  Rather than importing a full CUI to try and fix this one thing, I used the menu customize tool to copy edit commands (and others I prefer) to the shortcut edit menu.  They are now on the front screen of the right click edit menu.  This screen cap shows the process.  If there is a better way to do this, please let me know.  Thanks

setting right click menu in 2012.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube