Did you mean: 

Sheet sets - more madness

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
404 Views, 10 Replies

Sheet sets - more madness

Hi, after convincing management sheet sets would save a load of time, I'm having trouble with it.

One of my drafters keeps getting an inconsistant error, where when he changes a sheet set attribute (for the site name), it's changing it on some of the figures and not others.

Since all the figures are based on the same sheet set template, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it'd do it for some and not others.

Has anyone come across this  and have any suggestions?

Thanks

Platform: Win7-64 bit, Civil 3D

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

Knee-jerk: FIELDEVAL setting?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

It's set to 31.

The figures are closed and re-opened so it should update them.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

To add to the intrigue, it appears that when he plots the figures as a group using Publish-Publish Dialog Box (from the SSM), it doesn't update said attribute, but if he were to plot them individually they plot correctly.

Since the time saved printing was one of the big sells of using sheet sets in the first place, it seems a little odd that it fails like this.

Message 5 of 11
doni49

Can you post your files?  Do us a favor and mark somehow which ones work and which ones don't work.

Don't forget to include the SSM file.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

I can't post them as they're confidential.

It seems to me that the 'happening' happens sometime during the Publish process.

When they're printed traditionally they work fine, so at that point it must be reading the sheet set attribute info correctly. It's only when you try and print the subset using teh Publish command that it doesn't read  it right.

Message 7 of 11
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't post them as they're confidential. 

You could copy the files and then remove everything except one "good" and one "bad" field.  If the field contents is what's confidential, change what those fields say.

EDIT:  I meant to say that without seeing the files, I'm having trouble coming up with a solution.  If I (or someone else) can get access to the files, then a solution MIGHT be found.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 11
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems to me that the 'happening' happens sometime during the Publish process.

When they're printed traditionally they work fine, so at that point it must be reading the sheet set attribute info correctly. It's only when you try and print the subset using teh Publish command that it doesn't read  it right.

And that's another reason I'd like to see the files.  If it were the other way around, that would make a little more sense.

It's been my experience that after you change a property in SSM, it takes effect as soon as you do a regen.  When open the file after having made the change, that IS the regen.

When you use the SSM publish option, it's actually opening and closing each file in the background thus it should regen automatically.

If you were to change an SSM property and then plot your drawing WITHOUT doing a regen (assuming it was already open) then I could understand the field showing an invalid value.

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hmm.

Like I said, one of my drafting guys has this issue.

Thing is once I copied his figures and SS file, and striped out everything except the offending attribute ready for posting, it seems to have cured itself. I can't get the attributes (one attribute in 3 different figures), to behave differently, they're doing what they should at present.

The original figures and SS file still misbehave.

I don't know what to say.

Message 10 of 11
doni49

Try posting them anyway.  Someone might see something about them that would lead you to a solution.

Chances are there's SOMETHING different about the two fields.  And I'm betting that difference will still be there in what you post.

Just be sure to note which one is failing and which one is good.

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Update.

Sorted it - the attributes got revised at some point without me being told, so the sheet set was looking for the old set, but the new ones were in the titleframes, so it couldn't glue them together, so to speak.

I guess that would happen from time to time, if you ever went back and tried to add something to an old project, your latest /greatest sheet set attributes may not match the dst file.

Hay-ho.

Thanks for the offer of help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost