AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
david.dixon
Message 1 of 2 (488 Views)

Sheet Set Manager issue - dwg links being reassigned

488 Views, 1 Replies
02-08-2013 06:24 AM

I am having a strange issue with Sheet Set Manager that I have never seen before.  I am using SSM with ProjectWise in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 (ProjectWise is the new variable in my workflow due to recent change in employer).  When I import a layout as a new sheet, some but not all of my existing sheets become relinked to other unrelated sheets.  For instance, sheet C2070 becomes linked to sheet E2002, sheet C2071 becomes linked to sheet IC2010, etc, etc.  About 25 of 130 sheets become relinked.  This affects plotting from SSM because AutoCAD send back errors saying ti cannot find the page layout / setup.  I notice that the "Sheet ID" embedded in the .dst is the same number between sheets that get switched.

I am not sure what is causing this.  I am in the process of downloading a utility called SSMPropEditor from JTBWorld to help edit the .dst file separately from AutoCAD, especially that "Sheet ID" field which is not visible in SSM.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a better fix?

David Dixon
Senior Civil Designer

Google+
jscott.applegate
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: Sheet Set Manager issue - dwg links being reassigned

12-12-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: david.dixon

David,

We're having the same issue with PW ss4 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012.

Anytime a new sheet is added or one is removed from the SSM we have to check all of the Expected Layouts.

If SSMPropEditor worked/works please post here.

Scott Applegate

Technicall Designer III

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube