AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 11 of 14 (609 Views)

Re: Sheet Set Manager 2012

02-23-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: billp

billp wrote:

..... And now that 2013 is just around the corner, does anyone know if there are any changes for this release? 

You can sign up here to possibly obtain the next version for pre-release testing and find these answers and more, plus provide feedback on future enhancements.

evthomas200
Message 12 of 14 (571 Views)

03-22-2012 09:51 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

RANT TIME

Come ON,,  how hard could it be for AutoCad to ADD the support for publishing ALL NAMED VIEWS within any single or multiple drawings. They already pull LAYOUTS, why not NAMED VIEWS.    There is obviously interest in getting this feature, and has been for years.  

The workaround of using paper space layouts is very time consuming. Splitting the drawings into multiple DWG files is NOT an option. Adding HUNDREDS of layout tabs for each view is very time consuming, and in the end not very effective in page management.  Has anyone every attempted to scroll the layout tab thru hundreds of pages??? Adding this step to simply provide print features that could be implemented with a single button??  Come On!

I personally use model space for multiple (over 300) named views.

No I DO NOT use 3D - just 2D - Most all of it is regarding multi page plant wiring diagrams. 

Everyone has their own opinion regarding the 'PROPER" use of paper space - but managing hundreds of individual drawings files for pages instead of simply naming views within ONE file seems to be insane.... In my application it is necessary to implement this format for portability of the print.  Interchanging files with our customers, and managing hundreds of individual files is not a option.  Scrolling thru hundreds of layout tabs is useless for anything except enabling a crippled print system to operate properly.

Named views are all I require for drawing management, and it appears that I am not alone.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 14 (567 Views)

03-22-2012 10:22 AM in reply to: evthomas200

I doubt it's hard to do: but more likely they have decided that the "proper" way is "their" way and when that mindset changes you may get your wish.

AutoCAD for quite some time now has been all about the layouts, not modelspace, when it comes to publishing and sheet set management. Can't see it changing on a whim just yet.

AUGI forum holds wishlist items that Autodesk taps for ideas to improve and change the product, a quick search and I don't seem to find yours anywhere. Start a movement and keep pushing it.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
skersey
Message 14 of 14 (515 Views)

04-23-2012 11:03 AM in reply to: ross.breen

Our main use of sheet set manager is to manage title block atrributes on large sets.  We also publish large sheet sets to pdf when the same plot configuration can be used on all layouts.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube