AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (1,241 Views)

Setting 3DCONFIG Manual Tune Options In Command Line

1241 Views, 1 Replies
03-22-2012 08:18 AM

Hi,

I am looking for a way to set a couple options in the Manual Tune window from the Performance Tuning window (3DCONIG Prompt). More specifically I want to be able to:

1. Check what the setting for Enable hardware acceleration is (so it can be restored back)
  2. Set Enable hardware acceleration off
  3. Reduce the number of tessellations to cache
  4. Reduce both the Surfaces, and Curves tessellation

How would I do this from command line? My ultimate goal here is to run these commands in .NET.

*Expert Elite*
vladimir.michl
Message 2 of 2 (1,224 Views)

Re: Setting 3DCONFIG Manual Tune Options In Command Line

03-23-2012 01:12 AM in reply to: tracer123

You can set some of the acceleration parameters using the commandline version of 3DConfig: -3DCONFIG

We are using it in our TURBO utility - http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/switch-autocad-to-turbo-mode-tip7109

Other parameters can be set in the Registry - in HKCU....3DGS Configuration\\GSHEIDI10  (be careful when changing these values)

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube