AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

lwittstock
Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)

Selection window

134 Views, 3 Replies
06-08-2011 01:28 PM

Is there an easy way to align the selection window with an object?  Say, for instance, I have an object with many entities at 45 degrees closely situated next to other objects.  I want to select ONLY, the object(s) at 45 degrees without selecting the objects adjacent to them. 

Is there a way to rotate the selection window?

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

LightingDesignAlliance
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)

Re: Selection window

06-08-2011 01:36 PM in reply to: lwittstock

You can use any of the following window functions within a command:

Window/Last/Crossing/BOX/ALL/Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon/Group/Add/Remove/Multiple/P
revious/Undo/AUto/SIngle/SUbobject/Object

You probably want to use WP or CP

*Pro
nestly
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

06-08-2011 02:11 PM in reply to: lwittstock

As far as I know, you can't change the angle of the selection window, but you can easily align your view so the angled objects are horizonal or vertical having the same effect as rotating the selection window.

What you'll probably find more useful are the advanced selection options mentioned above.  To select the object(s) before starting a command, type SELECT at the command line, followed by one of the selection options "WPolygon" "CPolygon" "Fence" etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciEP6gE7Jdc

lwittstock
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)

06-08-2011 05:25 PM in reply to: nestly

Thanks to both!!!  I will try the suggestions.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.