AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ITeKOverlord
Message 1 of 8 (203 Views)
Accepted Solution

Search Bar not working suddenly.

203 Views, 7 Replies
10-12-2011 09:52 AM

I just recently had to rebuild my user profile in Windows due to profile corruption. Ever since I deleted and recreated it though, AutoCAD Search Bar will not work.

All I get is this instead: SEARCH.JPG

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
TickleMeElmo
Message 2 of 8 (169 Views)

Re: Search Bar not working suddenly.

10-12-2011 04:27 PM in reply to: ITeKOverlord

Control panel>Add or remove programs>Repair acad installation maybe? Can't hurt to try....

What could hurt to try is deleting HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\[version].  I sometimes do this for laughs if I'm feeling adventurous and am in a straw-grasping kind of mood.  For me it's solved more problems than it's caused but I take no responsibility if it toasts your Acad (further).

ITeKOverlord
Message 3 of 8 (133 Views)

10-14-2011 10:34 AM in reply to: TickleMeElmo

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, both those solutions failed to address the issue. Even reinstalling the application didn't help. It's very strange. Not sure what else to try.

Cheers.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (128 Views)

10-14-2011 12:09 PM in reply to: ITeKOverlord

>>>... rebuild my user profile in Windows ...<<<

Try creating a new clean full Admin profile and trying it again.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
ITeKOverlord
Message 5 of 8 (126 Views)

10-14-2011 12:11 PM in reply to: pendean

Can't do that. It is in a corporate enviroment. Our users are not allowed to have admin access. And admin accounts are controlled by the server. Thanks for the suggestion though. :smileyhappy:

Edit: I should mention though that we use local profiles, not roaming. So we deleted and allowed Windows to recreate the local profile from scratch with no settings carried over. So it was a clean profile, just not an admin profile.

Valued Contributor
TickleMeElmo
Message 6 of 8 (112 Views)

10-17-2011 06:36 AM in reply to: ITeKOverlord

Weird that a full reinstall doesn't cure it.  Maybe it's not an Acad issue - internet options changed?  Is it just you or do others have the same issue?

ITeKOverlord
Message 7 of 8 (108 Views)

10-17-2011 07:16 AM in reply to: ITeKOverlord

From what I have seen, it is just the one system that is experiencing this issue. I am looking into the possibility of it being a conflict with the firewall, but so far it appears all the ports are directed properly.

But yes, I agree. It is extremely odd that it didn't correct the problem. We're backing up the .ARG file though, so maybe it's something to do with the profile itself.

ITeKOverlord
Message 8 of 8 (101 Views)

10-17-2011 03:42 PM in reply to: ITeKOverlord

Just confirmed a seperate copy and version of AutoCAD is having the same issue now. It appears something in our enviroment has changed in  a way to prevent the search bar from functioning. This is bizzare in its own right, since we have not made any network level alterations, but it does appear that the issue is not AutoCAD itself after all.

Thank you for those who tried to help. Really appreciate it!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube