AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
sports7
Message 1 of 4 (589 Views)

Scroll wheel on mouse

589 Views, 3 Replies
02-02-2012 06:30 AM

I have a Logitech MX Laser 1000 mouse, love the mouse.  But the Middle scroll button does not pan when you hold down the wheel.  And when you double click the wheel it no longer does a zoom extense.  When you scroll the wheel it does zoom in and out.  My mbuttonpan is set to 1.  Any suggestions?  Not sure if I toggled something on or off.

Thanks

ShineEngineering
Message 2 of 4 (545 Views)

Re: Scroll wheel on mouse

02-02-2012 10:58 AM in reply to: sports7

Install the Logitech Software.

Adjust the button settings on the mouse, set the mouse scroll button action too "middle button"

So far this has worked for the past 3 mouses I have used.

Product Support
bryce.thelin
Message 3 of 4 (461 Views)

02-09-2012 03:41 PM in reply to: sports7

Did Shine's suggestion above work? I've seen too, at times, that the mouse software/drivers can be a problem. Leaving things up to Windows works better. It can vary from mouse to mouse.

If we attack this from the AutoCAD side of things, make sure you have the latest AutoCAD 2010 update. Here's the link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15074619

It will tell you if you need the update or not when you run the installer.

Another test would be to try a new administrator user account on your system. That will let AutoCAD load with a clean initial setup. If the scroll wheel works in the new user account, then we can reset the program under your normal account. There's a couple folders and a registry key to delete.

Let us know!

Bryce Thelin
j.fernandez
Message 4 of 4 (179 Views)

05-16-2013 05:17 AM in reply to: sports7

I've managed installing SetPoint 4.24.99.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube