Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling data linked table.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kaffles
752 Views, 5 Replies

Scaling data linked table.

I am using 2012 and trying unsuccessfully to scale down data linked excel tables in AutoCad. The table inserts just fine into autocad, but is is too large. I scale down the table (using the scal command), which works, BUT upon making any changes in the excel file, and the AutoCad "updates all tables using data link" dialog box pops up, my tables revert back to there original size. Been trying to solve for hours without any success. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
usafhill22
in reply to: kaffles

I am having the same issue, but reverse. Not only does my table import in a rediculously small scale - everytime - but the table indicators at the corners of highlighted cells (due to being data linked) are outrageously large. Thick enough to completely dwarf the table and the entire dwg for that matter.

I need a way to change the scale of data linked tables AND do away with those pesky table indicators. Editing the support files seems like the best way to go here... guess I'm gonna start looking for the needle in the needle stack.

I'm using AutoCAD 2015, more or less out-of-the-box. I'm using multiple tables and the data links are going to an excel spreadsheet. The data itself consists of venue names (text) and Square Footages (field/integer). 

Message 3 of 6
alex2QG4D
in reply to: usafhill22

I am having the same issue as usafhill22. Was there ever a solution or workaround found for this?

I am using AutoCAD 2017. My tables come in at exact size (1:1 scale) understandably. I then scale it to size (in this case, to match 1/8" scale). The table all scales correctly but the "table indicators" look huge when I select anything in the table.

Any help would mean a lot.

Message 4 of 6
usafhill22
in reply to: alex2QG4D

Hi Alex,

I believe I was able to solve this by typing "TableIndicators" into the command line and changing the value to 0. Please mark as solved if that works, I can test it out later this week but I'm swamped at the moment. Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
alex2QG4D
in reply to: usafhill22

I found that "Tableindicator" command elsewhere too. Unfortunately, that step isn't changing anything for me. These table extractions are a nice thought but don't seem to be perfected yet. The cell format (indentations for example) don't seem to transfer very well. I'm working around it for now. But for future moments, it would be nice to know the secrets around perfecting Excel table extractions into CAD.

Message 6 of 6
usafhill22
in reply to: alex2QG4D

Thanks for the quick replay Alex,

I know I was able to fix this issue, but like a fool I forgot to post a solution. I'll look into it further later on today so it doesn't drive me crazy. Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost