Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving DXF files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ranger_Joe
361 Views, 4 Replies

Saving DXF files

When I save a DXF file, I am unable to reopen it, and in the command window the message "Missing DXF group code: 1" appears along with "Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded." Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: Ranger_Joe

Are you saving/creating the DXF file from within AutoCAD or another Autodesk product?

I have had this happen but it was while exporting from 2013 and I had to remove the GeographicLocation before exporting to DXF.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
Ranger_Joe
in reply to: rkmcswain

I believe I'm saving from within AutoCAD if I'm understanding you correctly.  I pretty much just have a DWG file with multiple plate layouts, and I copy each layout to a different drawing file and save each one as a DXF so that I'll be able to send it to my plasma table. But neither my computer or plasma table can read the DXF file.

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: Ranger_Joe

Yeah, I still don't understand how an Autodesk product can create a DXF file that another (or the same) Autodesk product can't read.

You might try using the Select Objects option when saving to DXF.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
Ranger_Joe
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks, that seems to work.  I don't know why my computer is the only one here at my office that is like that though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost