AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

TSmith_525
Message 1 of 4 (224 Views)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

224 Views, 3 Replies
09-11-2012 09:14 AM

I graduate in 1 week and my final project file is corrupted.  When I go to open the file from AutoCad, in the preview box the file appears normal.  Then when I go to open it the file is nothing but a jumble of lines and blocks.  I don't know what to do.  I even tried to recover the file and the .bak file is doing the same thing.  Can someone please help me?  I was designing a 5 story hotel and now it appears to be lost forever.

Any answers are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

-Tierra

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

09-11-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: TSmith_525

When its gone, its gone; the only recourse you have is your own backups.  There's a reason why companies make nightly and weekly backups of the important files, and for projects this important you should as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 3 of 4 (202 Views)

09-11-2012 12:30 PM in reply to: TSmith_525

Post one of the drawings or just a portion of one so we can have a look.

Second best is to post a screen shot of what you are getting when opening a file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)

09-11-2012 10:03 PM in reply to: TSmith_525

You could try looking in ----C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp---- for a file with the extension .sv$ make a copy of the file and then change the extension to.DWG. That has helped me out of problems a couple of times over the years

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.