AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

eamon.fleming
Message 1 of 5 (1,301 Views)

Roundup in table formula?

1301 Views, 4 Replies
10-28-2010 08:30 AM

Hi I have imported an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into an AutoCAD 2010 Table,
all came in fine except the following formula =ROUNDUP(((SUM(E27:E33))/24),0)

Does 2010 not support ROUNDUP ? is there another way to do this?
The formula is used to calculate the number (whole) of driver boards required to drive the number of LED's calculated by the SUM function. Each driver board can drive 24 LED's, so if i have 23 LED's I need 1 driver or if I have 25 LED's I need 2 drivers

Also is there a list or table that shows what Excel functions are or are not supported in AutoCAD? I can't seem to find one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eamon

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (1,299 Views)

Re: Roundup in table formula?

10-28-2010 08:55 AM in reply to: eamon.fleming

Not many Excel functions are supported in AutoCAD: Start an AutoCAD table, click inside a cell, and a toolbar with the few options you can use should magically appear. Explore it. See screenshot.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 3 of 5 (1,276 Views)

10-28-2010 01:42 PM in reply to: eamon.fleming

If I Copyclip cells from Excel and Paste Special as AutoCAD entity (link data) then the value from Excel formula came in just fine.  But I use 2011 if that makes any difference.

Valued Mentor
wengle
Message 4 of 5 (1,269 Views)

10-28-2010 03:52 PM in reply to: eamon.fleming

Makes no difference with 2011, but you should follow as shown below:

Setup the Excel Worksheet with the required number of cells and rows, changing widths of columns and heights of rows as required.

In all cases, it is recommended to leave a blank row below the title so that there will be a noticeable space below the title and the body of the worksheet.

It may be required to change the color of text.

NOTE: if the user anticipates the possibility of adding rows and/or columns at some time in the future, the user should include any additional rows and columns for this purpose when highlighting (Item 1, below.)

Highlight the area to be used as a table in AutoCAD. NOTE: for future updating, the user must include additional rows (three to six) at the bottom of the worksheet. If this is not done, updating will stop at the last row and will not include additional rows when adding to the Excel worksheet.

Copy to the clipboard, save if desired, but Do not close the Excel worksheet.

In AutoCAD, under Edit, pick Paste Special>Paste Link

The Excel worksheet will now be listed in a dialog box. Pick OK.

The Excel worksheet will now be in the AutoCAD dwg where it can be scaled and/or edited. When the inserted Excel table in AutoCAD is double picked, the Excel worksheet will become available where it can be edited, saved, and the inserted table in the AutoCAD dwg will be appropriately updated.
stanfordri
Message 5 of 5 (773 Views)

01-24-2013 09:05 AM in reply to: eamon.fleming

simply add 0.5 to your formula and use round().  ie. Round(1.1+.5)=2 or Round(1.6+.5)=2

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube