Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating the paper space "view" (not just viewports)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RustOrling
6858 Views, 6 Replies

Rotating the paper space "view" (not just viewports)

I have wall section sheets that are best viewed in portrait mode, but use the same landscape page setup as the other sheets in the set.  So the viewports for the sections are rotated 90 degrees and difficult to read on the screen.  Is it possible to rotate the paper space UCS and rotate the paper space "view" to match the UCS, like you can in model space? 

I don't want to rotate the viewports and title blocks themselves & set up a portrait page setup.  This is because I'm using Acrobat's PDF maker for batch plotting and not using the same page setup for each sheet makes one click, fire-and-forget publishing impossible.  And I don't want to use DWG-to-PDF because it doesn't have any configurable image compression settings that I know of.

If it's not possible, then it's not the end of the world.  We have AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD LT 2012 & 2013.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: RustOrling

You can do it with Publish by specifying a different page setup for the portrait layouts, but I don't know how to do it with only a single page setup.  Lots of clever people here... maybe someone else will know.

Message 3 of 7
RustOrling
in reply to: nestly2

Unfortunately, doing that with the Adobe PDF maker results in it prompting for a filename for each sheet so the process takes longer than it should. 

A few of us at work got together for 15 minutes and determined that what I wanted was probably not possible and that I should just keep everything landscape and deal with it.  So I guess I'm considering this closed.

Message 4 of 7
Bob_Zurunkle

There's no button option to combine the individual stuff in one PDF file?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

This is a discussion going on in the LT Forum that I think is similar to your request:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Rotating-entire-layout-in-Autocad-LT-2008/m-p/4366367#U4366...

I've done what is suggested here and plotted a Landscape and Portrait orientation to a single multi page DWG to PDF file from AutoCAD successfully

This is the Normal orientation of the Viewport and page in my Template:

Normal PS.jpg

And the Rotated "View":

Rotated PS.jpg

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/c2fad2a3-2005-4afb-9e89-53c6a2639fa5

Message 6 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Does the "rotated" layout plot landscape in the PDF like the other layouts, or is that sheet portrait?

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: nestly2

The page plotted Landscape just as I expected it to. This is on 11 x 17 paper. Have not tested with a large format plotter. The printer that is being used is a Brother Multi-function that will handle 11 x 17.

That being said when I opened the PDF in Foxit Reader the page is oriented Portrait and the other page that I included in the multipage file was oriented Landscape. So that may not be to the OP's liking.

But when printed from the PDF the print is Landscape and oriented just as it always has prior to what has been done here.

For me this works and I have already changed my Template to view this particular Layout in portrait on screen as the OP is intending.

Notice the placement of the Plot stamp in the last sheet. Still bottom left where it is programmed to be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost