AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 11 of 15 (168 Views)

Re: Rotating the UCS

02-04-2013 05:34 AM in reply to: bluebull

Ok, I think I understand what you're asking about, and yes, it would be useful sometimes.

But if you use the approach I described, you can basically accomplish the same thing.  Instead of selecting at an angle on the screen, you twist the drawing angle till it matches the screen.  Either way you can still get the selection box to be parallel to any particular part of the drawing.  And this has the advantage of avoiding playing around with the UCS, since that can wreck havoc on certain drawings.

I have a lisp that sets the DVIEW TWIST and the SNAPANG easily by clicking points on screen, or by selecting a line, block or text object.  I'll post it here if you're interested.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 12 of 15 (163 Views)

02-04-2013 08:50 AM in reply to: troma

Well we have finally achieved a understanding of what I  as trying to apply .  I am grateful that you took the time to search out the request and provide options. 

Yes I would appreciate  your optional application of a "lisp that sets the DVIEW TWIST and the SNAPANG easily by clicking points on screen, or by selecting a line, block or text object."  

This should keep me happy until Autodesk comes up with a one step command for this feature.

Once again thank you very much my best regards,

Alexander Borges

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 13 of 15 (157 Views)

02-04-2013 09:10 AM in reply to: bluebull

Glad we understand each other too.  I took me a while because I never edit the UCS.

Here is the lisp.  I don't take any credit for it, I downloaded it from elsewhere on these forums.  I've been using it for a few months now; I find it very useful.

All the best.

Active Contributor
bluebull
Message 14 of 15 (153 Views)

02-04-2013 10:44 AM in reply to: troma

One last question, where do downlosd this attachment, is there a specific folder to this? 

Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 15 of 15 (147 Views)

02-04-2013 11:42 AM in reply to: bluebull

Pick a spot that makes sense to you.

Then, in AutoCAD, type APPLOAD, browse to the folder, and load the lisp.

If you want the command to be available every time you run AutoCAD, add it to the Starup Suite (I always do this with useful lisps).  Then you don't need to go into the APPLOAD box every time.

Type TW to run the command; watch the command line for the options.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube