Did you mean: 

Rotating survey text and points to front view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gisborne87
881 Views, 2 Replies

Rotating survey text and points to front view

Hi,

I have been capturing data for measured building surveys with a Leica total station (TS06). When I upload the data into autocad i can see the node points (+) and text in the top view. When switch to look at the points from the front view (to producece an elevation), the text and points appear as a flat line, although the insertion point of the node/text is still correct. I need to find a way of rotating the text and points so they are visible in this view. I will then flatten the points and cut them to the top view to produce a 2d elevation.

I know there is a way of doing it as at my previous job, we had a toolbar with a button to perform this function. However, now i don't have the toolbar, I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: gisborne87

Which program you used to rotate it before?  Autocad, C3D, Survey......

Q. I need to find a way of rotating the text and points so they are visible in this view.

A. 3drotate can do it.

Q. cut them to the top view to produce a 2d elevation

A.  Were all points and labels come in at zero z ? why rotate from plan view to front view then put it back to plan view?

If it was accomplished by plain autocad, surely it can be done again.

Is it possible to hand sketch what you want to have the points and labels look like for finish product?

Message 3 of 3
jggerth1
in reply to: gisborne87

it sounds like the node entitiies were place at Z=0.  to check, in plan do an ID on one of the point objects using the
NODE osnap.

presuming that's the case, there's an issue with the import from your total station, and that should be resolvable.  As for PLAN  text appearing legibly in an ELEVATION view,  AFAIK that's a bit beyond the capabilities of vailla acad -- possibly you were using civil3d previously?

Bottom line, you don't want to rotate any entities, you just need to rotate the _display_ of those entities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost