Did you mean: 

Right Click Menu Changed after loading 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
WJH1970
1006 Views, 6 Replies

Right Click Menu Changed after loading 2014

I have the Product Design Suite Ultimate and Factory Deisgn Suite Premium programs.  Currently we use 2012, and are looking to move to 2014, so I built deployments and installed to test both deployments and trial the software.

I noticed now that when I open AutoCAD 2012, the right click menu has changed.  I can no longer copy/paste or paste as a block in 2012.  Most of the menu options have also disappeared.  I checked the settings in the options tab, and the right click settings match 2014, which does work as it should (at least in my world!). 

If anyone has any thoughts on what I'm missing, I'd appreciate the assitance!

Thanks,

Bill

Dell precision M6600

Nvidia Quadro 4000m Video

Win 7 Enterprise 64

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: WJH1970

Have you tried a repair of your 2012 install?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 7
WJH1970
in reply to: MarySeufert

Yes...sorry I forgot to mention that.  I ran a repair on 2012, but not an re-install.

Message 4 of 7
zalant

Your screen capture shows the Clipboard> option. If you point at the > flyout, you should see the various copy/paste options which were formerly directly on the shortcut menu. If you prefer, you can edit the shortcut menu within the CUI editor, and put those command directly onto the Edit shortcut menu, instead of being contained within the Clipboard container. Here is a screen shot of how things look in 2012's acad.cui, but it can certainly be modified.

Edit shortcut menu.jpg

Please post back here and let us know if that's the information you were seeking and whether it gets things looking how you want them to be.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 7
WJH1970
in reply to: zalant

Thanks for the assistance, and I think I need to provide a little more information on what I am seeing.

First on the copy/paste situation.  I found it to be an order of operation to get it to work right now.  If I highlight geometr first, and then select Clipboard<copy with base point and select my base point, and right click to repeat the process to paste it in, it fails.  this is how I've done that for a long time. 

However, if I reverse the order of operation, and right click first, then pick clipboard<copy with base point, I pick the point, then the geometry, and it works.  That may be normal for some, but it kind of backwards for me.

I am fine with changing how I do it, but that doesn't resolve the rest of the issue I'm having.  I attached the menu I see with 2014 when I slect any  geometry and then right click.  This is what I am used to seeing, and it operates as 2012 once did.

Right now I am working on some draiwngs that require me to modifiy some layer properties, and draw order.  This is the most efficient way I've found to do it, and without the menu coming up with these listed, the task is cumbersome in 2012.  Once we migrate to 2014 and my Vault databases are in 2014, I am not so concerned, but that is likely some weeks off yet.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Message 6 of 7
zalant

If it seems like you have to do things backwards, then your PICKFIRST variable might be set at 0. Type PICKFIRST at the Command line and enter a new value of 1. See if that doesn't right the ship.

Zac Travis
Message 7 of 7
WJH1970
in reply to: zalant

The Pickfirst setting was at 0.  When I changed it to 1, the right click menu returned to "normal".  Thank you very much for the assistance!

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost