AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
ladonna101
Message 1 of 5 (10,694 Views)

Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels loaded

10694 Views, 4 Replies
07-25-2011 07:01 AM

Forgive me - I have not had to customize in a while, but I just got a new computer and installed the new version of AutoCAD.  Anyways, I copied my CUI into the new AutoCAD and changed my workspace to be my customized one.  Everything appears fine except the ribbon.  It has the message "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded." 

How do I load the tabs into the workspace?  Obviously they were there in my old AutoCAD - they are in my CUI, but not under the customized workspace. 

Just a few notes, not sure if it matters but . . . My ribbon was customized on the old version (I skipped 2011 so this came from 2010). 

I don't mind using the default  tabs/panels if I have to (if the customized ones will not transfer in for some reason) but I cannot figure out how to load them into my customized workspace either. 

Any help would be appreciated!

ladonna101
Message 2 of 5 (10,692 Views)

Re: Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels loaded

07-25-2011 07:22 AM in reply to: ladonna101

Okay - remembered how to add my tabs to the workspace, but the tabs do not contain any panels.  Is that because they cannot migrate, or am I missing something else?  Sorry - as I said, it's been a while.

TIA!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (10,685 Views)

07-25-2011 07:59 AM in reply to: ladonna101

Reload the default CUIx menu for 2012.

then start CUI command, use the Transfer tab and open your old CUIx file, and drag/drop between it and the default 2012 menu on the right. Apply and OK out.

Does your 2010 Ribbon content appear?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
ladonna101
Message 4 of 5 (10,682 Views)

07-25-2011 08:40 AM in reply to: pendean

That is how I originally brought in my customizations from the old CUI - however, the ribbon tabs are not showing any of the panels under them.  I'm not sure what was lost in translation, but I guess I'm just going to have to put the panels back on the tabs.  Not a big deal, just a bit frustrating and time consuming.  It will have to wait until tomorrow because I'll have to go home and see which panels were on which tab.

For now I'll have to go old school with menus and toolbars - my "classic" workspace works just fine.

OwenWhitehouse
Message 5 of 5 (10,673 Views)

07-25-2011 01:22 PM in reply to: ladonna101

I had a simiilar issue. Nothing was loading into the Ribbon, but it was all there in the the CUI dialog.

First, make sure that the tabs and panels you want are in one of the CUI's (Main, Enterprise or Partial, it does not matter) you are using. Then check (Customize) your workspace to see that they are checked (turned on). If that all looks OK, and nothing shows up yet, you may have to 'force' it. I have done this several times by creating a new tab and dragging a panel in from ACAD.CUIX. This seems to wake the Ribbon up. Once it starts working, it seems to stay working. Then you need to go back in and delete the content you copied from ACAD.CUIX.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube