Did you mean: 

Removing nodes/insertion points from objects within blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vogtc
6766 Views, 4 Replies

Removing nodes/insertion points from objects within blocks

I have a block that contains attributes. When I select the block, you can see all the nodes/insert points from the attributes within the text. I was wondering if there is anyway to have the block only show the insertion point of the block and not the attributes? The attached image shows what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: vogtc

Hi,

if you don't want to have grips for attributes (and so not any more the possibilite to move the attribute) then you have to edit the block, select the attribute-definition you want to modify and change the "Lock position" value in the property window to YES.

After you finished the blockeditiing start command _ATTSYNC to get the block-insertions synchronized with the definition.

2013-12-05 16-37-45.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
vogtc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred, that is exactly what i needed!

Message 4 of 5
vogtc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have another questions about this. The nodes do not show up now, but you can still snap to them using the autoCAD snap to node/insert. Is there anyway to make it so the snaps will only reconize the block and not any of the attributes.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: vogtc

Hi,

>> Is there anyway to make it so the snaps will only reconize the block and not any of the attributes

No sorry, not OTB, not without some development.

You might have the attribtutes on different layers ... then you can freeze that attribute-layer so the text-content is not visible. But when the text-content is visible also the objectsnap INSERT catches the text-insertion- (attribute-insertion)-point too.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost