AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remembering last plotter used.

176 Views, 4 Replies
01-12-2012 04:52 AM

Hello, How is it possible for the plot function to remember your last plotter used, it always subsituites it with the none function. I have set my default plotter to the one I need.Its driving me mad and you must be able to do it :smileyhappy: Thanks in Advance

*Pro
Message 2 of 5 (167 Views)

Re: Remembering last plotter used.

01-12-2012 05:32 AM in reply to: ratty81

In the PLOT dialog box, there is a checkbox called "Save Changes to Layout" that should be checked on, and it wil remember the parameters for next time when you plot the drawing

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (161 Views)

01-12-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: murray-clack

Hi Murray

Thanks for replaying, unfortunately the suggestion doesnt work, when I tick that box and open another drawing it reverts back to "NONE" plotter,

*Pro
Message 4 of 5 (155 Views)

01-12-2012 05:50 AM in reply to: ratty81

The drawing has to be plotted first in order for the changes to save. But here is an additional tip...

1. Plot a Layout tab as you normally would in a particular project (making sure "save changes to layout" is checked so the next time you plot THAT drawing, the parameters are maintained)

2. Go to your next Layout tab in the same project (it can be in the same or another drawing file)

3. Start the PLOT command, and at the top of the dialog box, click on the pull-down menu called "Name" and select "Previous Plot".  The Layout will now set itself to the exact same plotting parameters from the previous plotting session

4. Make sure its "Save changes to Layout" check box is checked for the next time you plot this drawing, and plot away!

Active Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)

01-12-2012 06:45 AM in reply to: murray-clack

Murray

Thanks again , you have been a great help, have a good day

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube