AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

woziq
Message 1 of 3 (1,343 Views)
Accepted Solution

Regen in layout viewport does not work

1343 Views, 2 Replies
05-08-2012 02:12 PM

Hello everyone

My layers in layout viewport are displayed in wrong order even after I use REGEN or REGENALL command. 

I am working with drawing file with quite big amount of layers (about 100+ including layers of 7 xrefs) and because I want to use different layer settings for each printed drawing I work directly in the layout viewports instead of model space so I don't have to switch on/off countless layers all the time. \

The problem is that quite often layers just turn into wrong draw order and don't come back even if I hit REGEN or REGENALL command. To solve this I have to zoom out, jump out of the viewport by doubleklick outside, use REGENALL command and then jump back to viewport so I can keep on working. This is extremely time consuming especially if it happens every 3 minutes, over and over again. 

Does anyone have the same or similar problem? Maybe some tips for variables or settings to try? Thanks

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 3 (1,340 Views)

Re: Regen in layout viewport does not work

05-08-2012 04:03 PM in reply to: woziq

Read up on DRAWORDERCTL in help, and set SORTENTS to 51 (or 127).

woziq
Message 3 of 3 (1,324 Views)

Re: Regen in layout viewport does not work

05-10-2012 02:50 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Seems to work perfectly, thanks :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube