AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
Loffmar77
Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)

Redefine Block?

363 Views, 3 Replies
02-23-2010 08:38 AM
After I've edited a dynamic block I save it. Then I do an insert, choose browse, choose the file, and click ok. I get prompted to redefine the block. I choose to redefine. Once I do, the inserted block reverts back to the first version. Why is this? Seems to me if you redefine it should update to the new one. Should I not redefine?
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)

Re: Redefine Block?

02-23-2010 12:25 PM in reply to: Loffmar77
And if you answer NO to redefine the block?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Distinguished Contributor
Loffmar77
Message 3 of 4 (363 Views)

02-23-2010 12:39 PM in reply to: Loffmar77
If I say no, the block will be the updated version. However, if I go to another drawing and try to do an insert I still get the old version.

I also posted this in the dynamic block forum. DougK said that It was a trick question. He gave me advice that I then need to re-wblock. I think that solved my issue.
Valued Mentor
Randy_Culp
Message 4 of 4 (363 Views)

02-23-2010 12:48 PM in reply to: Loffmar77
When you edit a block in a drawing, that is the only place the modifications occur. It does NOT change the block you've written out to an AutoCAD DWG.

When you insert a block and select Browse, you're looking out in the dirtectory structure for a DWG file and it does NOT insert the modified block from the current file.

To get the DWG file out on your drive somewhere to match the modified block in the current file, use the WBLOCK command.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube