AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

romain.gaspard
Message 1 of 8 (977 Views)

Recognize of the text in the PDF

977 Views, 7 Replies
01-13-2012 04:55 AM

Hi all,

When creating a pdf with the integrated DWG To PDF, all my text arent recognize with my PDF reader, so i cant do a copy/paste or a search in my pdf.. I use the Arial font and got all fonts installed.

I fount that if a setting on the width factor or the inncline factor of the text is changed, the text is not recognize. (see attachment of a simple exemple)

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thank you.  

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 8 (931 Views)

Re: Recognize of the text in the PDF

01-13-2012 12:44 PM in reply to: romain.gaspard

Your "found" the problem and the only fix.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
BarryHuston
Message 3 of 8 (866 Views)

01-22-2012 04:26 AM in reply to: romain.gaspard

It's to do with your PDF settings. I'll assume you're using the DWG to PDF.pc3 option to print.

While in your plot options dialogue box, click on properties tab while the DWG to PDF.pc3 printer is selected.

Now go into 'custom properties'.

In the DWG to PDF properties panel, press the button called 'font capture list'.

Check the box next to the Arial font. Ok the box.

You're good to go.

romain.gaspard
Message 4 of 8 (856 Views)

01-22-2012 11:21 PM in reply to: BarryHuston

Thank you for your help.

Yes, i use the DWGto PDF.pc3 option for printing

I already checked and tested these custom properties and that doesnt change anything. I still have a problem when the width factor is different than 1.

I got  hundreds drawing where i got this fonts problem and i cant find a solution.

BarryHuston
Message 5 of 8 (843 Views)

01-23-2012 07:21 AM in reply to: romain.gaspard

We get this problem in our office all the time, but it's usually the font capture list. The younger technicians were getting around it by using a different PDF publisher, like PDF995 or Adobe PDF. Maybe that might help.

romain.gaspard
Message 6 of 8 (841 Views)

01-23-2012 07:35 AM in reply to: BarryHuston

Ok. I will try to use different PDF publisher, but i got many script running with DWGToPDF.pc3 and i really prefer keeping this publisher.

Are you using Arial Fonts too?

BarryHuston
Message 7 of 8 (824 Views)

01-24-2012 04:26 AM in reply to: romain.gaspard

Yes we use arial fonts for presentation drawings, and romans for everything else.

Bob_L
Message 8 of 8 (721 Views)

07-22-2012 02:30 PM in reply to: romain.gaspard

As you observed, if you change the width factor, the PDF text is not seatchable.

You can find other fonts that are the width you need (like Arial Narrow)

or

If you need more flexibility (and you have a few extra dollars & the time to learn how to use a program) you can use a font editing program like http://www.high-logic.com FontCreator to modify and existing font to be a different width.

Hint: Look under Tools,  Glyph Transformer.

You don't need to install the modified font on the receiving end. It just needs to be installed on the PC that makes the PDF.

And No, I don't work for high-logic.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube