AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

ariasaremi
Message 1 of 5 (384 Views)

Raster Design 2012 ARX files problem

384 Views, 4 Replies
01-11-2013 05:57 AM

Hello

At the company that I work for we have our own customizations menu from which Raster Design 2012 is loaded. In the VBA script there is a line which loads it :

ThisDrawing.Application.LoadArx ("c:\program files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Raster Design 2012\AeciQuickBarUi55.arx")

this file loads the required ARX files for Raster but when I unload it, it doesn't unload some of the ARX files which have been previousley loaded so it keeps the license taken which is not desired. So I added a line which unloads aecivmui55.arx which as a result causes these files to be unloaded :

acismobj18.dbx  
acismui.arx  
aeciib.dbx  - MDI Aware.
aeciibapi55.arx  
aeciibui55.arx  
aeciuibase55.arx

after this when I check the list of ARX files it looks exactly like the same list before opening Raster which means all the ARX and DBX files related to Raster have been unloaded. but when I try to reopen Raster it fails saying that it can't find the license (error message attached). Does anyone know what the problem might be?

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

Re: Raster Design 2012 ARX files problem

01-11-2013 06:16 AM in reply to: ariasaremi

If the goal is just to release the license, can you just use the IUNLOAD command?

http://blog.jtbworld.com/2008/07/release-autocad-raster-design-network.html

ariasaremi
Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

01-11-2013 06:47 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I use this in VBA to unload it:

ThisDrawing.Application.UnloadArx ("c:\program files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Raster Design 2012\aecivmui55.arx")

We don't have such problem for Autocad 2008, it's only for 2012.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 4 of 5 (373 Views)

01-11-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: ariasaremi

As far as I know, unloading ARX content has *never* been an accepted or intended means of releasing licenses.  Even though there is the means to unload them, I've never seen an application which actually takes that into account by Raster Design or any other add-on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

01-19-2013 08:55 AM in reply to: dgorsman

dgorsman wrote:

As far as I know, unloading ARX content has *never* been an accepted or intended means of releasing licenses.  Even though there is the means to unload them, I've never seen an application which actually takes that into account by Raster Design or any other add-on.

Hence the purpose of the iUnload command. :-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube