Did you mean: 

Publishing a Batch PDF Without Layer Information Using a Sheet Set Overide

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Pilotrav22
2613 Views, 7 Replies

Publishing a Batch PDF Without Layer Information Using a Sheet Set Overide

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to create a sheet set overide that allows you to produce a multiple page pdf and not have the layer information included?

I have turned off the "include layer information" in the sheet set publish options and on the "dwg to pdf" and "adobe pdf"  print settings and I still get layers in my pdf.

What is really odd is that if I use the same override on just a single layout the layers are not included in the pdf.

Is this possibly just a bug in the software?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
linda.li
in reply to: Pilotrav22

same issues.

Message 3 of 8
ALemke
in reply to: linda.li

I would like AutoDesk to address this issue - it's been going on for years. I have tried every-which-way to turn off the layer information and it's still there when I publish through the sheet set manager. I can't get the rest of my team on board with this feature with such a huge bug.  Who can we pay off to get this fixed? 

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Report it to Autodesk, posting here is not the process:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112
and if you are on subscription, do so there too please.
Message 5 of 8
ALemke
in reply to: pendean

Thanks!

I've put in the bug-squashing issue request.  I hope someone goes after it soon!

Alice

Message 6 of 8
ALemke
in reply to: ALemke

Thanks to AutoDesk for answering my question in an email! Here's what they said:

Ask the user to  Expand the PLOT drop down button on the Sheet set manager and select > Publish Dialog Box Or Right click on the Sheet set > Publish > Publish dialog box

Once the Publish dialog is open > Select PDF from the Publish to Combo > Select " Sheet set Publish Options" button selected from drop-down list > Select "Don't Include" under layer information settings > Ok > Publish

She should not see the layers getting published in this case.

-Autodesk

To check it, the PDF option should be chosen in both the "Publish to:" list and in the "Sheet Set Publish Options" with the "Type: Multi-sheet file" chosen change the Layer Information choice to "Don't Include." or it will not work.

Alice

Message 7 of 8
linda.li

thank you for the anwser from Autodesk group.

Spoiler

Message 8 of 8
lamontg2
in reply to: linda.li

The above post didn’t resolve my question.

However, it did point me into the right direction. My question is removing the layer information when publishing from Sheetset Manager via the short-cut menu. (highlight file(s) right-click> publish> publish to pdf) After reading the above post I discovered the following instructions for this approach.

Instruction:

With the Sheetset palette open, highlight and right-click the sheetset Project Name (located under the Sheets header ). From the (right-click) short-cut menu select Publish followed by Sheet Set Publish Options. The Sheet Set Publish Options opens. Under General DWF/PDF options select “don’t include” next to Layer information. Click Ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost