AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 1 of 5 (1,030 Views)
Accepted Solution

Publish an ACAD drawing to DWF in black and white.

1030 Views, 4 Replies
02-23-2012 01:07 PM

I have been using autocad for 20 years plus. I've never really had to publish anything to DWF. We have a client that wants DWF's instead of PDF's. I have a 3D model with views in paperspace within viewports. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to plot these drawings to DWF in Black and White. I have tried everything. I am using monochrome.ctb plot style. The border and all border elements are plotting B/W but everything in the viewport is plotting whatever color it is in the VP. This is driving me nuts. Never liked this DWF format. If I plot to a PDF it all comes in B/W. Makes no sense. Please help, these files need to go out in the morning.

Thank you,

CAD

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 5 (1,018 Views)

Re: Publish an ACAD drawing to DWF in black and white.

02-23-2012 02:54 PM in reply to: cadiehl

Whats the visual style assigned to the viewports?  Most of them ignore plot style settings, as they are effectively a "mini render" view.  You might want to try "Hidden" or "Legacy Hidden" (should be the same thing), rather than "3D Hidden".  Alternatively the model space contents may have TrueColor color values (specified as R,G,B values), or the layers may have viewport-specific overrides.  Both of those would also ignore plot style settings.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (980 Views)

02-24-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: cadiehl

There is no 3D PDF unless you bought 3rd party software to create it, are you comparing 2D PDF to 3D DWF by chance? The instructions above apply to 3D.

As a side note, what DWF viewer is your recipient using? Most current ones have a mono-viewing option I believe.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
cadiehl
Message 4 of 5 (975 Views)

02-24-2012 07:21 AM in reply to: pendean

I'm not trying to print 3D. And I'm not sure how you can do that on paper. ;+)  I am just trying to print what is on my screen within the viewport as a '3D hidden' layout. Basically an isometric, in black and white. DWF keeps plotting to color regardless of my CTB file. Which is stupid to me. But, I got it to work and print in black and white. I right clicked on the viewport, hit 'properties' made visual style '2D wireframe' and shade plot 'hidden'. DWF is now in B/W.

Thanks everybody!

CAD

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 5 of 5 (964 Views)

02-24-2012 08:32 AM in reply to: cadiehl

"Printing" to 3D PDF is a bit of a euphemism, really its printing to file similar to using 3D DWF, producing a 3D model viewable in free viewer software.  Me, I prefer Navisworks to either of those options.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.