AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (85 Views)

Properties anchoring

85 Views, 2 Replies
10-24-2011 09:51 AM

I like to have my properties anchored on the left side of my screen, as well as the layer properties manager. Up until recently the properties has always stayed on the top and the layers on the bottom.    ...but recently they've started switching position randomly. It's really starting to bug me, is there a way to keep this from happening?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: Properties anchoring

10-24-2011 09:54 AM in reply to: Loffmar77

LOCKUI = 15

Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Properties anchoring

10-25-2011 08:20 AM in reply to: Loffmar77

Not that I've found even with LOCKUI set to 15.

I used to always have mine docked to the left in this order.

SSM

Design Center

External References

Properties

It would stay that way for a few hours and then move Properties below SSM.

SSM

Properties

Design Center

External References

After months of fighting it my final solution was to just get used to the way that it kept getting reset to rather than trying to slam my head through the brickwall trying to get it to stay the way I wanted it to be.

Something else that frustrates me is that the PLOT command moves the QAT above the ribbon and doesn't always set it back below the ribbon after it finishes plotting

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube