AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
marianne.hebnes
Message 1 of 9 (1,409 Views)

Problems with the Sheet set manager!!!!!!!

1409 Views, 8 Replies
11-10-2011 06:08 AM

Please, I need help!

I just used the Sheet set manager to create a new sheet set of existing files from one specific folder.

After printing, I noticed that I needed to make a few changes in every single file (30)...

So I changed the layer on the titleblocks, saved, and then invoked the Sheet set manager again to make a new one.

Big problem now, is that when I pick the folder to use files from, only a few of them appear..

WHAT IS WRONG?

Does this has something to do with the small changes of the layers that I made?? How can that be?????

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 2 of 9 (1,404 Views)

Re: Problems with the Sheet set manager!!!!!!!

11-10-2011 07:26 AM in reply to: marianne.hebnes

Once you've created a sheet set, and added layouts to it, there's no need to create a new one for the same sheets.  just open the sheet set you previously created, and you should be golden.

Once a layout is added to a sheet set, it cannot be added to another sheet set, so your action increating yet another sheet set is the problem.

Contributor
marianne.hebnes
Message 3 of 9 (1,392 Views)

11-10-2011 10:39 AM in reply to: JGerth

But why is it still not working after I deleted my old sheet set to make a new one?

I had no choice, because I discovered a few mistakes that I needed to fix, so i updated the files, and then tried to make a new sheet set.

How can I even find and edit (if possible) my old sheet set when its not even there any longer?

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 4 of 9 (1,389 Views)

11-10-2011 10:46 AM in reply to: marianne.hebnes

>>I had no choice, because I discovered a few mistakes that I needed to fix, so i updated the files, and then tried to make a new sheet set.

But that's my point!  There was no need to delete the existing sheet set just because you edited the files.  The sheetset is linked to the files, and each layout in the drawing files is linked to the sheetset.  Think of the sheetset as the 'table of contents' to all the drawings.  and, just like a ToC, editing a paragraph in the chapter of a book does not require you to delete the old ToC and make a new one.

Any edits made to the files do not require deleteing and creating a new sheet set.  The existing files that you edited still think that they belong to the original sheet set, and since a layout can belong to one and only one sheet set, you cannot select them to add to your new sheetset.

Now, exactly how did you delete the old sheet set?  please be detailed in describing the steps you took.

Contributor
marianne.hebnes
Message 5 of 9 (1,385 Views)

11-10-2011 11:02 AM in reply to: JGerth

Ahhhhh NOW I get it! -_-

Well, I deleted DST file that I could find in my documents.

And I made sure that among them was the DST (sheet list) I made at first.

And then I also deleted it from the recyclebin just to be sure.

So........ WHAT do I do now??? Is there no way back? :/

As I tought there were not, I already made a sheet list using the usual Publish operation.

I actually opened all my 30 files in AutoCAD (and prayed to God it didn't crash down), invoked Publish, and made a sheet list from there. Only thing is that the file that was created, is a DSD file and not DST, is there any substantial difference here, og can I just keep my DSD file??

This is a school project, so I kinda need it to be correct.

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 6 of 9 (1,382 Views)

11-10-2011 11:08 AM in reply to: marianne.hebnes

The DSD is a publish file only, and does not have all the capabilities of a sheet set.  But, as far as publishing goes, it's fine.

To fix the sheet set problem though,  here's my suggestion.

Create a new folder on the hard drive, and copy all the DWG files that you want in the sheetset files into that folder.

In Acad, open one of those files from that location, and then create a new sheetset, and use the same folder as the location for the dst file.  Since these are essentially new files, you should be able to add all the layouts yoiu need into the new sheet set.  Be sure and go to you new folder location when you browse to add files/layouts.

Once that all works, you should be fine, and can move that entire folder (with the dwg and dst files) wherevery you need them to be.

Contributor
marianne.hebnes
Message 7 of 9 (1,376 Views)

11-10-2011 12:34 PM in reply to: JGerth

hi there!

I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping me!

I've been stuck on this idotic issue for about 12 hours now, and you've now made a struggling autocadstudent VERY HAPPY!

I tried to send you a message in ur inbox, though it didn't work :/

Distinguished Contributor
RFUSE
Message 8 of 9 (1,340 Views)

11-13-2011 01:45 PM in reply to: marianne.hebnes

marianne,

Glad that worked for you.

We have the same or similar issue here and moving everything to another directory had NO! effect. 

Doesn't occur with every drawing, just on a random basis.  But the project it still occurs on has 55 drawings to plot from dozens of x-ref's and base drawings, etc.!

Autodesk was able to duplicate the problem but had no real solution.

R

Distinguished Contributor
damo3
Message 9 of 9 (1,323 Views)

11-14-2011 10:32 PM in reply to: RFUSE

I felt it important to add to this thread for others who may read it and still have problems, that it is VERY VERY important, infact necessary when deleting a DST file, that you have CLOSED the sheet set file (you are attempting to delete) in the sheet set manager. if you do not do this and attempt to delete the DST file from your drive, it will simply reappear.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube