AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

graememollins7696
Message 1 of 5 (904 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problems with selection

904 Views, 4 Replies
09-24-2010 08:48 AM

Hello,

Something has changed on my AutoCAD, and there are a number of things that no longer work properly, including

-          When selecting a line, it no longer shows what layer it is on the layer manager dropbox, nor can it be changed using that facility.

-          When a line is selected, the delete / backspace key no longer erases the item

-          When an object is selected, it will not remain selected when a tool button is clicked.

-          Double clicking on blocks no longer brings up the block editor,

Basically I have to now select any command/tool, then the object to which I want to apply it, which is very time consuming and frustrating.

I’m sure it’s only a matter of ticking a checkbox somewhere, but I can’t find it

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 5 (903 Views)

Re: Problems with selection

09-24-2010 09:17 AM in reply to: graememollins7696

Noun/verb selection has to be checked in Options  > Selection in order to pick the objects before issuing the command.

The command line system variable is PICKFIRST = 1

graememollins7696
Message 3 of 5 (901 Views)

09-24-2010 09:20 AM in reply to: nestly

brilliant, thankyou, problem solved

Active Contributor
KCCDCONSERVE
Message 4 of 5 (874 Views)

09-24-2010 11:54 AM in reply to: graememollins7696

I've had similar problems where a very convenient tool suddenly stops working and there is no apparent explanation why. Has anybody else experienced this and/or have an explanation of why? It seems like it is often the pickfirst or other 0,1,2 options that mysteriously get set back to 0.

*Pro
nestly
Message 5 of 5 (866 Views)

09-24-2010 12:31 PM in reply to: KCCDCONSERVE

It does seem like there is an inordinate number of problems with PICKFIRST and PICKADD being set wrong.  The odd thing is that "on" is the default, so I'm not sure if it's just inadvertent clicks in the Options settings, or something software driven, like Lisp routines that turn them off, but fail to turn them back on?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube