AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

porkchaps
Message 1 of 5 (108 Views)

Printing Dims

108 Views, 4 Replies
05-10-2011 03:38 PM

Hey. I'm somewhat new to cad and have been running into an issue when dimensioning out my drawings. All my dims have a lock symbol on them and when i go to print they disappear all together. This is probably a rookie question but i am hoping someone can help me out

Thanks in advance.

Mentor
grimline
Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)

Re: Printing Dims

05-10-2011 04:04 PM in reply to: porkchaps

Type LAYER in the command line prompt and the "Layer Properties Manager" box opens.

Look for the layer the dimension was created and click on the lock to unlock it.  While still in layer manager, go to the Plot tab and click on the printer icon to remove the red circle.

Good luck

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015
Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
porkchaps
Message 3 of 5 (101 Views)

05-10-2011 04:18 PM in reply to: grimline

im still having a problem getting the lock off.....When i measure the line and it shows me the dim the lock is right next to it..and i only have 1 layer active when i typed in LAYER and in that scroll box nothing was lock.

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 4 of 5 (73 Views)

05-11-2011 09:42 AM in reply to: porkchaps

What version of AutoCAD are you using? Or is it Inventor or Revit? This sounds like a constraint. Are these dimensions the ones for controlling an object's placement (they don't necessarily print out) or are they converted to visible ones for indicating the dimensions? basically the lock symbol means that whatever else happens, that relationship (eg distance from the window to the wall) will remain the same...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
porkchaps
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)

05-11-2011 01:05 PM in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

im not really sure...i'm using 2010 at work, i have 2012 dl at home. The dims are just for showing the dimensions of my drawing, but for some reason they all disappear when they print..im mainly just looking for a way to get them to print loll Again new at this so thanks for taking the time to help lol and if possible changing the decimals shown..right now it shows like this " 50.0000" and i'd like to get it to "50.00" im used to using the older cad

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube