AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
nxt925
Message 1 of 4 (165 Views)

Print to Adobe

165 Views, 3 Replies
08-10-2012 09:27 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to print to Adobe pdf. I know I can use the DWG to PDF which works great, but I don't know if this is a bug or a setting that I have to adjust. At first I thought this was an Adobe Pro X problem, but now I'm 100% sure it's a setting or something in ACAD.  When in model space, if I print and print to adobe pdf, the file looks good, sharp. I can zoom in all the way and it looks good. But in paperspace, when I print to Adobe, the quality is awful. like if it printed an image. It looks ok zoomed out but when I zoom in (and not that far in), the quality is terrible, what is it that I'm missing? What setting needs to get adjusted? It looks like an awfully compressed pdf file. Also, when printing in paperspace, it also takes twice as long. Its quick in modelspace and looks great.

Any help?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

Re: Print to Adobe

08-11-2012 12:04 AM in reply to: nxt925

Hi,

When you plot the layout, does the complete content look bad, not only the viewport-content, but also titleblock or anything else drawn on paperspace?

Does the same happen when you start new drawings with just one line or so?

Have you activated any visual styles for the viewport (or viewport-plotting)? Select the viewport and look in the propertywindow therefor.

Have you activated "transparency" in the plotdialog?

If you can create the same issue within a new drawing ... upload the drawing plus a pdf you created so we can see how it looks at your workstation.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
nxt925
Message 3 of 4 (145 Views)

08-11-2012 09:10 AM in reply to: nxt925
I actually noticed It happened because print tranparency was turned on. Apparently, that messes up the entire drawing. Title block and everything regardless if I have anything transparent. If I just made a square and the print transparency was checked, the enter drawing gets fuzzy and low quality. Is there any particular setting to make this look better?
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)

08-11-2012 11:43 AM in reply to: nxt925

Hi,

>> Is there any particular setting to make this look better?

You can modify the resolution, turn it higher.

But if you don't have anything transparent turn of the checkbox in the blockdialog is always the better option. It creates better quality, vectors and less filesize.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube