AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Message 1 of 7 (124 Views)

Possible graphics issue 2012

124 Views, 6 Replies
01-04-2013 01:28 AM

I have a very irritating problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced the same. After working for a short time in 3D, my object snaps dont actually connect to any visible corners or points on the item I have chosen to edit or move. The triangle or square appears further from the point I select. The frustrating thing is there is nothing behind the object I am trying to work with and it appears to be attaching to some invisible point. The only work around is to close down the program and restart. After only a few transactions, the problem starts again. I have tried to reconfigure the 3DCONFIG but is not the answer. The graphics card I am using is a ATI FirePro V5800 (Fire GL). I have checked the system and found it is using the latest driver.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 7 (117 Views)

Re: Possible graphics issue 2012

01-04-2013 03:34 AM in reply to: draftymwc

Hi,

>> I have tried to reconfigure the 3DCONFIG

Have you tried to switch off the hardware acceleration within _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Message 3 of 7 (116 Views)

01-04-2013 03:54 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Thank you for the tip but sadly, it did not sort the problem. I switched off the accelerator and rebooted but after about two minutes, it was back to its old tricks. I have a feeling it is something to do with the graphics card and the actual program. I have tried my database on a colleagues machine and although it happened there, it was not as bad as mine.

Thanks again Alfred

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 7 (113 Views)

01-04-2013 04:02 AM in reply to: draftymwc

Hi,

>> I have tried my database on a colleagues machine and although it happened there

So with the same gc/driver you have the same issue on two workstation? I would then try to install an older driver (as you mentioned you have the current one installed). Locate a driver about a year old and try to install it .... or look to the >>>certified hardware<<< from the Autodesk-site and take the driver listed there.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 7 (111 Views)

01-04-2013 05:25 AM in reply to: draftymwc

The symptoms you describe (works for a while then stops) don't sound like a graphics driver/setting/hardware issue to me, especially since a restart of the program (not Windows) fixes it.

Does this happen in all files, or just the one file?

Types of "3D" work you are performing in the file?

Is there a trigger you noticed, or is it just time?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 6 of 7 (86 Views)

01-06-2013 10:51 PM in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

The problem is with any file I work with. When I first log into the job, it works fine then after a while the tags are all over the place. There are no warnings, it just happens suddenly. What I have found is that if I open more than one job and switch to the other job then back, everything works properly again, for a while. I have even tried to change the mouse. I have not as yet tried changing to an older graphics driver as has been suggested previously but that is the final proceedure for me to try. Other than that I will just have to have more than one job open and keep switching or log out of Autocad then log back in.

Incidentally, my files are not all that big as I have referenced other equipment into my project. Bigger files that have been loaded, dont seem to have the same problem although I do have the odd situation where the system just locks up and I have to bring in task manager to switch it all off.

Regards

Mark

Message 7 of 7 (41 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Thanks Alfred, I will try that when the IT guys get back from the Christmas holidays. Sent from my iPad

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube