AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
mamie.anding
Message 1 of 2 (1,590 Views)

Plot to PDF Rotates Drawing & Wipeout Issue on Rotation

1590 Views, 1 Replies
04-26-2011 07:56 AM

I am using AutoCAD 2011, and no matter what orientation my layout is, when I Plot to PDF, the resulting file is portrait orientation.  All landscape layouts have to rotated 90 degrees.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0 and cannot change this.  Is there an fix either in AutoCAD or Adobe for this?

Another issue I have with this is that if I use a WIPEOUT in the drawing, some of them are blank rectangles after I rotate the drawing.  Undoing the rotation restores the contents of the WIPEOUT area.  I start out with a white background in the rectangle with a black line drawing, and end up with an empty black rectangle.  These are overlaid on an aerial, but in that area, the aerial does not display, so apparently something is still lingering from the WIPEOUT.

Distinguished Contributor
iamerm
Message 2 of 2 (1,383 Views)

Re: Plot to PDF Rotates Drawing & Wipeout Issue on Rotation

11-14-2011 07:31 AM in reply to: mamie.anding

Maybe you could try this for the rotation issue.  This seems to work with AutoCAD 2012 & Acrobat 9.

In the Plot dialog box, Change Printer/plotter to “Adobe PDF”

Hit the “Properties…” button (just to the right of the plotter selection)

Under the “Device and Document Settings” tab, click the “Custom Properties…” button

Under the “Adobe PDF Settings” tab, change the “Adobe PDF Page Size” to 24 x 36

Under the “Layout” tab, change the orientation to Landscape (this is the most important step)

Click OK, then click OK again

AutoCAD should prompt you to save changes to a system printer configuration.  Save the changes to “Adobe 24 x 36.pc3” or whatever name you want to give it

Change Printer/plotter to “Adobe 24 x 36.pc3” (or whatever you named it)

Change Paper size to 24 x 36

Plot away

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube