Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot centering issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
375 Views, 2 Replies

Plot centering issue

I center my title block on a layout, and it appears to be offset to one side of the page once I plot it. In order to have the resulting PDF centered on the page, I have to align it as in the image below. Can anyone help troubleshoot? I'm using autocad 2010.

Autocadplotplacement.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

if you go to the pagesetup from that layout, what settings do you have for the marked fields?

2013-12-11 22-48-42.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this. This is how I created drawing sheets. It worked for me, maybe it will help you as well.

Assuming that you have/want  one viewport in paper space, and the viewport serves as the drawing border:

1) File> Page setup Manager, Select the Page setup you want that is listed.

a) If there is not a page setup, Click "New" and create one. Name it say ANSI B 11x17

b)   In the Page setup, select the printer, paper size, Set plot area to "Layout", and Scale to 1:1.

Set drawing Orientation to Portrait or Landscape. Click Ok. This brings you back to the Page Setup Manager.

2)  Click new, then select the layout. Click OK.  Click OK on the Page Setup Dialog Box. A new Layout Tab is created.

3)  Click Close on the Page Setup Manager.

4) View> Viewports > 1 Viewport. On the command line, type Fit, Then Enter. New viewport is fit to page.

5) Insert title block lower right corner to lower right corner of viewport. If your title block has a drawing border, edit the block

in place, and adjust the border.

You should be able to plot the layout correctly. Set the viewport to the corect scale. Delete the old layout tab if needed.

Like I said, this is what works for me. Hope it helps.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost