AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
aosborne32
Message 1 of 5 (303 Views)

Plot Format

303 Views, 4 Replies
08-05-2011 08:55 AM

I am trying to set the default plot format so I don't have to edit it every time.  Having a little trouble finding anything on this.  Running AutoCAD 2012.  I think I have to create what I want and save it however it doesn't seem to be working.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (296 Views)

Re: Plot Format

08-05-2011 11:03 AM in reply to: aosborne32
Plot parameters are save in each tab of each file independently of whatever your system or default settings are: AutoCAD basic behavior.

Are you looking for info on how to create template files? From them you can import PAGESETUPs to use in existing files.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
aosborne32
Message 3 of 5 (290 Views)

08-05-2011 11:57 AM in reply to: pendean

I am searching for a way to have my printer selected automatically when I try to print .dwg.   Right now I have to go through every time and manually select my printer and "what to plot".  I guess I am looking for a way that can be a default.  Sorry for any confusion, I have never had any official traing in any Autodesk product.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (279 Views)

08-05-2011 01:33 PM in reply to: aosborne32

Can you provide more details about your plotting needs: for example, do you only plot to one printer and one sheet size? to scale or to fit? regardless if any layout is larger or smaller? are you the only one creating these files? how amny are existing, how many are newly created by you? are you a single user in the office/home? and so on.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
TrevN
Message 5 of 5 (266 Views)

08-08-2011 02:46 AM in reply to: pendean

What you are looking for (as said before) is PAGE SETUP MANAGER.

You will need to create a base or template drawing, but once this is done each drawing will have what you want fixed into it or you can import a drawing that doesn't have the set up attached.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube