AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

JackHider
Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

Paperspace Problems...

343 Views, 3 Replies
03-19-2012 12:56 PM

I have just finished my design and I wanted to insert a title block and annotations with pictures using the paperspace option, however I haven't got much idea on how to use it. I want to print the design out onto A1 Paper (80000mm x 56000mm) to a 1:100 scale.

What I want to know is what is the dashed line, how do I make the paperspace A1 size and a 1:100 scale, as well as wanting to know how to make the title block and add annotations to the design.

One problem I am facing is that any line I do create comes out bold as well as when I zoom into the drawing itself every line is bold. Why is this?

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Re: Paperspace Problems...

03-19-2012 08:53 PM in reply to: JackHider

You probably haven't created a title block (block) yet, so you'll want to do that.  Paper space is the same as Model space in that everything is drawn to full (real world) scale.  What you're going to need to do here is create a full scale A1 title block somewhere.  You can do this in the model and then remove it when you create a block out of it, or you can draw it directly in the Layout (paper space).

Those dashed lines are approximations of the limits of the particular printer.  If you select a "full bleed" Printer/plotter you won't see them.  This is specific to the output device used.

Don't confuse the size of the paper with the scale you want to see.  That's a Viewport scale thing.  Think of paper space as a window thru which you see your model... and the scale as the magnification.  When you set up a Layout you have to include a viewport in order to see the model.  And that viewport has a scale.  In your case you want to set the scale of that viewport to 1:100.  Your title block within that layout should be inserted at 0,0 lower left and if it is built for A1 paper should be drawn within the limits of the 841.00 mm x 594.00 mm paper you want to plot on.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

03-19-2012 09:04 PM in reply to: JackHider

Annotating (text, dimensions, leaders, etc) is another subject entirely.  If you're not familar with layout viewports it may be confusing for you to learn annotative scaling right away.  But you're going to want consistent text size on your output, and the easiest way to accomplish this is with annotative scaling.  This removes having to compute scale factors between the model and the paper output.  It's confusing at first however... that's the drawback.  Making annotative objects work properly will require you to create annotative text, dimension, multileader and possibly table styles and understand how things display (or don't) depending on what scales are set in the model, in the layout viewport(s), and how your annotative visibility is set.  It's a handfull to get a handle on at first.

Don't mean to discourage you, but welcome to the learning curve. 

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)

03-19-2012 09:11 PM in reply to: JackHider

Line thickness (how bold something looks) is related to the layer setting.  And if the layer lineweight is set to Default, and is too "bold", it's a setting in Options > User Preferences > Lineweight settings you want to check.

Not to confuse you further, but it doesn't have to matter what the lineweight looks like on screen in the model because it can be overridden when you plot.  This is done by changing settings in the plot style table.

Dave

Dave Hein, P.E.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube