Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURGE - PURGE cannot be used on partially opened drawings.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RockyBrown4134
586 Views, 4 Replies

PURGE - PURGE cannot be used on partially opened drawings.

I started getting this Message when I try to purge a drawing.

"PURGE cannot be used on partially opened drawings."

Never had this to happen until yeterday. New from a template or opening an exitsing .dwg. 

I have OPENPARTIAL set to the default "1".

Is there another variable that may have gotten changed that I need to reset?

Thanks.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
AutoCAD 2020 / Inventor 2020 / Plant 3D
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: RockyBrown4134

You don't have the file open: "partial" is not the same thing. Open it fully first.
Message 3 of 5
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

Procedure is:

File>Open, then search for file in dialog, select and Open. Will not let me select the partial open option on the pull down option

I rebooted, and It seemed to cure itself for the time being. Didn't know of a variable I could set and control in the acaddoc.lsp.

If this response answers your question, Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution"

Rocky Brown
Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: RockyBrown4134
Message 5 of 5
RockyBrown4134
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
You don't have the file open: "partial" is not the same thing. Open it fully first.

It just hit me what you posted......Had on of those moments where the brain didn't work correctly.

Not having the file FULLY open would explain why it would purge after I rebooted. I don't remember it happening ever. Just For thought, I am thinking this is one of those bizarre things that happens every now and then. If it starts happening more frequently, then I will explore a little deeper.

Thanks.

Rocky Brown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost