Did you mean: 

PURGE Dialogue box doesn't show up

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bluefox
4027 Views, 8 Replies

PURGE Dialogue box doesn't show up

I'm working on 2010, and I can't get the PURGE dialogue box to show up when using the PU shortcut. It will open if I type out PURGE completely, but when I type in PU, stuff just shows up in the command prompt. I even went into the alias-editor and made sure PU = PURGE. I've never had this issue before, but I'm on a new system because I started a new job. At my last job, we were also using 2010, and everything was fine.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bluefox
in reply to: bluefox

Also, my XREF command isn't working properly. I repathed the XR shortcut to open the CLASSICXREF dialogue box. But instead, the XR command brings up the -XREF command, and then somehow, it automatically types in R (for Reload), and then an asterisk for All.

So basically, instead of bringing up the XREF dialogue box, or even the XREF palette, it's automatically reloading every single XREF in the drawing.
Message 3 of 9
steve216586

For the PU command dialog box to show make sure CMDDIA set to = 1?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: steve216586

@steve216586 wrote:

For the PU command dialog box to show make sure CMDDIA set to = 1?

The value of CMDDIA has no effect on PURGE or any other AutoCAD dialog that I am aware of these days.

It does still have an effect on AutoCAD MAP dialogs.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

@bluefox wrote:

I'm working on 2010, and I can't get the PURGE dialogue box to show up when using the PU shortcut. It will open if I type out PURGE completely, but when I type in PU, stuff just shows up in the command prompt. I even went into the alias-editor and made sure PU = PURGE. I've never had this issue before, but I'm on a new system because I started a new job. At my last job, we were also using 2010, and everything was fine.

Maybe PU is defined with a lisp function, which overrides PGP definitions.

(defun c:pu ()
  (command "purge")
)

The above code WILL run the command line version of PURGE.

You need to edit the lisp definition like this in order to display the dialog.

(defun c:pu ()
  (initcommandversion)
  (command "._purge")
)

Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain

@bluefox wrote:
Also, my XREF command isn't working properly. I repathed the XR shortcut to open the CLASSICXREF dialogue box. But instead, the XR command brings up the -XREF command, and then somehow, it automatically types in R (for Reload), and then an asterisk for All.

So basically, instead of bringing up the XREF dialogue box, or even the XREF palette, it's automatically reloading every single XREF in the drawing.

Same thing as the PU question. I suspect XR is defined with a lisp function somewhere. 

You need to get in touch with who ever sets up your systems - XR seems to be doing what thay intended it to do.

Message 7 of 9
steve216586
in reply to: rkmcswain

I meant FILEDIA=Switch Between Dialog Boxes and the Command Line

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 8 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: steve216586

@steve216586 wrote:

I meant FILEDIA=Switch Between Dialog Boxes and the Command Line

...and as that says "FILEDIA controls the display of dialog boxes used with commands that read and write files."

Hence the name "FILE DIAlogs"

Message 9 of 9
bluefox
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sorry it took so long to reply back to this, but you were right rkmcswain...some outside CAD programming company that created some toolbars for us (new job) ended up rewriting the LISP routines of various commands and even created their own "aliases"...this is very annoying, as I have a list of aliases that I've amassed over the past 13+/- years of working, and a lot of them are now tied into some really weird commands now...commands I've never even seen before.

And as far as the CMDDIA and FILEDIA, I checked those to begin with and everything was fine with them...but thanks for the help anyway. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost