AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
DavidJFuller
Message 1 of 11 (1,844 Views)

PSLTSCALE

1844 Views, 10 Replies
06-30-2010 02:47 PM

Perhaps I am wrong again. I'm now so wishing I hadn't uninstalled 2009..... Is there another different variable similar to PSLTSCALE which controls hatch scaling? I seem to recall that PSLTSCALE also scaled hatch as well as line types..... The new and improved browser based help does not seem to be able to direct me where I need to go.

TIA Guys

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 11 (1,831 Views)

Re: PSLTSCALE

06-30-2010 04:24 PM in reply to: DavidJFuller

May I ask why you used PSLTSCALE only as your title when you issue is (if that is accurate) hatch scaling? Inaccurate headings can get you ignored by many that could help (or are also seeking help). Just curious.

Could it be your hatches are just set to be annotative, when you want them to not be? Same feature since R2008.

Otherwise, PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, LTSCALE and CELTSCALE set to 1 like in R2009 still applies, as does CANNOSCALE (or your preferred previous settings for the same variables if you wish).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 3 of 11 (1,784 Views)

07-01-2010 07:35 AM in reply to: pendean

Step 1: create your desired hatch in paperspace, adjust its scaling, do test prints and keep fiddling until you it looks right to you when you print it.

Step 2: go into its properties and add all of the annotative scales you anticipate using it at.

Step 3: copybase it, go into the modelspace tab, and paste it in anywhere convenient.

Step 4: hatch all the places you want to use that hatch, but use a dummy hatch.

Step 5: Now use Property Painter to adopt the properites of your target hatch to the new ones. Now you can erase the sample, and the one you made in paperspace can be used in the Legend.

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
DavidJFuller
Message 4 of 11 (1,774 Views)

07-01-2010 09:57 AM in reply to: pendean

Most certainly, Dean, you may ask, just to satisfy your curiosity.... As I stated, "... I seem to recall that PSLTSCALE also scaled hatch as well as line types....". At the time of the post, I was thinking that PSLTSCALE had lost functionality in 2011.

I did however go to one of the guys who still has 2009 and 2010 installed. It would seem that my recollection, along with my eyesight, my hair, my memory, my eyesight.... is failing as I advance in years....

That is to say, I recall incorrectly..... Just one more, "Whatever". I will certainly make suggestion to the fine folks at Autodesk that perhaps they might include yet another setting (for us to forget).... Perhaps PSHPSCALE.... Set to 0 to do nothing (as is now) set to 1 to scale hatch in like manner as linetypes are scaled in layout by the PSLTSCALE variable.....

Thanx, none-the-less.....

Valued Contributor
DavidJFuller
Message 5 of 11 (1,773 Views)

07-01-2010 10:03 AM in reply to: Modman_4

Modman_4,

Thanx for responding. Not to negate your efforts in any way.....

I have grown quite tired of all the doggone work-arounds we keep developing to make AutoCAD do something that intuition would indicate should happen.

Be it the use of PSLTSCALE, or the addition of another variable, it is intuitive that is I want my linetype to scale consistently, I would also want my hatch to scale in like manner......

It seems,  more now than in the past, that the people developing the program are not people who are in any way familiar with the use of the program.

Thanx for the (all-be-it cumbersome) suggestion.

*Pro
Modman_4
Message 6 of 11 (1,724 Views)

07-02-2010 10:20 AM in reply to: DavidJFuller

Not to forget but sometimes I also write in such terms that newbs as well as some of us old dogs trying to learn new tricks, can understand and put to use. Whether it's hatches or linetypes, it's not a workaround to take time to create and set up what works for you first, and then apply it to, say, a template so you don't have to go through the same exercise over and over. What might be nice would be to have an extra button on the hatch settings and hatch editor settings, so you can add annotative scales right there as you create a hatch for example, with the preview set to how it would look at 1:1...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
karengray2783
Message 7 of 11 (970 Views)

04-05-2011 12:02 PM in reply to: DavidJFuller

I think I have a similar issue to David's hatching problem.  I changed the boundaries of an annotative hatch and had to re-hatch the area. (Why can't annotative hatch, also be associative?)  There were several areas that were hatched so I matched properties to a pattern that was existing and scaled properly in paper space layouts.  (The hatch is supposed to display at 1/8, 1:40 and 1:100.)  However, my new hatch scales correctly at 1:40, but not at 1/8 or 1:100.  What gives?

Contributor
karengray2783
Message 8 of 11 (955 Views)

04-05-2011 02:17 PM in reply to: DavidJFuller

Modman had it right.  You have to create the hatch without annotative properties, and turn that on in the properties after creating the hatch.  In order for it to 'act' like my other hatches, though, I had to initially create the hatch in the same scale the original hatches were created in.  I didn't know what this was, but by trial and error, figured it out.

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 9 of 11 (940 Views)

04-06-2011 09:39 AM in reply to: karengray2783

Actually, Karen, you can hatch annotatively right in modelspace too, as long as you become comfortable manipulating the CANNOSCALE variable -- in fact you can insert all kinds of annotative objects  in modelspace. It is still best to define them first in paperspace, but once done you can draw and insert and hatch all day in modelspace -- just change your CANNOSCALE to the scale you anticipate whatever you are working on will be viewed at...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
ingfgrald
Message 10 of 11 (763 Views)

06-21-2011 12:44 PM in reply to: DavidJFuller

when you use PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCALE, it s imporant to set TILEMODE to 0.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube