Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLine plotting visibly thicker at one end from the other.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
R_Peckham
183 Views, 1 Reply

PLine plotting visibly thicker at one end from the other.

I have a particularly weird problem with a DWG file i have been working on.

It is a section detail through an urban landscape hardworks build up.  Where in various locations on the drawing i have some Type 1 fill drawn like a ZigZag line, as is usually standard.  However one of the lines off to the edge of the detail and drawing, the line starts off at normal (0) width and by the time you get to the far end of this line it has developed a larger global width.  BUT THIS IS ONLY VISIBLE WHEN I PRINT IT.  You can not see this in the model space the paper space or the print preview.  It is only seen once printed on paper.  The only way i have been able to get around it is by printing to PDF first.  And then print the PDF file.

I have tried several things:

I have exploded the PLine

I have deleted it and redrawn it

I have deleted the view port and recreated it

I have copied the drawing into a new file

I have exploded the PLine

I have matched properties  (even though all properties were exactly the same as others before hand)

I have copied others to replace the problem line

I don't know what else to try next!

Can anyone help please?

I cant even show you a picture of it, as print previews and PDF prints look fine.

I look forward to hearing some helpful tips and amybe a solution or two!!!!

Cheers

Ross

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: R_Peckham

Hi,

plot your drawing to a PDF, if that PDF shows the same issue, then upload your drawing (at least some of those objects) and your PDF, so we can se what you get plotted (in the PDF) and your drawing objects.

If the PDF is ok you can also upload the drawing, but then it's not so easy for us to see what you got on your plot (except you scan it and upload this scan too).

At least then plotting the PDF is your workaround.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost